“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Baltimore, Maryland
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just stayed here for 2 nights because it was close to my daughters camp at UNCSA. There is nothing great about this hotel, but there is nothing bad about the hotel either. It is a small hotel, average, clean, with good customer service. The downfall is that the hotel walls are really thin so you can hear everything. If you stay here I would suggest that you request a room that is on the 3rd floor because you can hear when someone is walking over your head. The hotel did offer a free breakfast, and cookies during the evening. I would stay here again and I think that it is a good value for the money.

Room Tip: I suggest the 3rd floor so that you don't hear noises over your head.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Meka B,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. We assure you that we are committed to delivering quality in all aspects of the guest experience and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the kind remarks on our clean hotel and staff service. However, I truly apologize for any inconvenience caused by the noise levels. Your feedback is important as it informs us of ways in which we may better serve our guest satisfaction.

I sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I gave this hotel 5 stars because you get what you pay for and for the price this hotel exceeded my expectations. Room was nice, clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. Pool was clean. Complimentary breakfast very good! Kids loved the pancakes, I enjoyed the oatmeal and bacon. Husband had the yogurt and bagel. Brandon was Awesome! He kept the pool open an extra 30 mins so the kids could swim after a long drive. He was friendly and attentive while juggling 10 different things. I like the hussle in him. So many young adults just don't have his work ethic. Area is not the best but this place was perfect for stopping for a rest.

Stayed June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at the HI Express for 2 nights. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is. Lets be honest, this is not the Crown Plaza, but is a nice, clean hotel. Check in was smooth, my room was clean, plenty of towels, bed was very comfortable. There is a free hot breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes, sweet rolls, yogurt, fruit, juices, milk, coffee, etc that was good. Try to get an odd numbered room since the even numbered rooms face the highway. Noise can be a concern.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I trusted the reviews on TripAdvisor and how they are wrong. I got I real late, had regards about this hotel but I didn't feel like looking for a new hotel. Very questionable neighborhood, plenty of strip clubs nearby so you figure it out. In addition, the hotel is very close to a busy highway. Make sure you can get a room away from the road noise.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Whammie787,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay, particularly with the location and challenges you had with the noise. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this gives us the opportunity to improve on our guest satisfaction. We hope for another chance to serve you here again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

What can I say but excellent hotel....My husband and I usually stay at the Wingate by Wyndham on Main St but they was booked,so we asked is there a Holiday Inn Express nearby and we was directed to this beautiful hotel...All we can say is O MY GOD what a most amazing time and experience we had at this hotel...Our room was very clean and comfortable...the entire hotel was immaculate..The breakfast was to die for..Whenever we come to visit our daughter we have found our home away from home...Will be there on May 16....OVERALL EXPERIENCE....TEN THUMBS UP:):):)

Room Tip: Rooms near the vending and ice machine are awesome.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Its always a pleasure to read reports like this. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team members to remind them that the hard work they do daily to uphold the commitment of what is expected of our brand is maintained. We look forward to your May 16th Visit.

Princeton, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Had to come down from WV unexpectedly during Easter weekend due to my dad being in the hospital. The front desk staff were nice and professional. The breakfast was decent, nothing spectacular but enough to feed myself and my kids. Our room was very clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had no issues with noise from traffic (room 110). I would stay again, but honestly hope I don't have to!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jorgekoster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
It is good to know that when our guests are in need of our services, that there are team members here to help them along their stay. Thank you for your kind words about our Team members and their efforts to help make your stay and enjoyable one. I will pass your feedback along to them.

Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were driving home from Myrtle beach SC to Buffalo, NY when we decided to stop a night in Winston-Salem to visit friends. We had used Holiday Inn points and said it was for two adults and our son. When we got to the hotel and they saw our son was an adult they upgraded us to a junior suite. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helped us find where we were going for dinner. After dinner all six of us came back to the hotel for coffee and talk and there was plenty of room for all. The morning breakfast was good and we even enjoyed the Jacuzzi. I would Definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front but the high way traffis was not a problem.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Its great to hear that our recently renovated hotel met your satisfaction. In reading your experience, this is the kind of warm hospitality that our team members are expected to deliver. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team and we look forward to your future visit with us again.

Holiday Inn Express

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winston-Salem? Share your experiences!