“Out of business” 1 of 5 stars

Cross street: Marshall
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Out of business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant sounded interesting; however, it is now a Mediterranean-style restaurant that just opened.

Visited September 2013

North Carolina
“Look elsewhere for a special experience but fine for every day eating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading multiple reviews and unable to get a seat at a nearby restaurant we tried Dioli's. The front dining area is charming however it was full so they seated us in the upstairs section which has views of the top tier entrances and balconies for the next door theater. This area is too brightly lit and doesn't have the charm of the front dining area. There was a small wedding reception taking place in the rear of this room so we felt oddly out of place being seated so close.

The salads we had were great (I had an arugula and apple salad while my husband chose ceasar). Our appetizers were good too: antipasto platter and bruschetta. The main entrees however were lacking. My husband had swordfish that was way overcooked and tough but was paired with a delicious polenta. I wanted a pasta dish since they brag about their "fresh in house made pasta". I ended up going with a rabbit and wild mushroom ragu over fettucini. The ragu was out of this world but the noodles were awful. They were bland and abnormally chunky and uneven. They wouldn't even twirl around my fork but would break every time. It was very strange. They also didn't serve us any bread which I thought was odd for an Italian restaurant.

Our waiter, while kind and well meaning, would disappear for lengths of time leaving us with empty drink glasses. I'm thinking it had something to do with being seated in such an obscure location.

We won't be dining there again unless changes are made but I am glad we at least tried it. It's a shame the interior and cuisine doesn't meet the expectations one would have after seeing the charming street entrance.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Date Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was struggling to find a new restaurant for my anniversary until my boss suggested this one. It was a big hit. My wife loved the martinis and lasagna and I enjoyed the chicken parm. The service was excellent although partly because it was a quiet weeknight. Unlike some restaurants where you have to yell to be heard, Diolis allowed us to quietly talk during dinner. We both liked the downtown location and its proximity to the Aperture theater. We would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Caroilina
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. It's convenient to downtown and they make their own pasta. Unfortunately, it was only average. Spaghetti and meatballs is my standard order when I try a new Italian restaurant. In this case, the order was good but not spectacular. I also tried the carbonara, which was far too salty for my taste. It was also too heavy on the cheese, which when mixed with the fresh pasta, came out somewhat pasty and gummy. Perhaps there are better choices from the menu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Queenstown, Maryland
“Great Italian in Winston-Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

After a long day at the furniture market we wanted some great Italian with excellent sauces and home made pasta. We found it and enjoyed it. Fettuccine Alfredo and rabbit mushrooms and fettuccine were all excellent. Service was outstanding as well. If your in the mood for Italian try this small excellent restaurant.

• Visited April 2013