“Great Sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Advance, North Carolina
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Mizu seems to have done well, located in a small retails space in the Sherwood Plaza Shopping Center. I love sushi, and we go there regularly for Sunday lunch. The décor is beautiful, and the restaurant and restrooms are always clean. The staff is very attentive, and we always enjoy their food.

Visited June 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Well, our local sushi place - would do 4 1/2* if possible!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live about 5 minutes from this restaurant and go twice a month on the average - NOW, my first experience w/ sushi was in the late '70s in San Francisco, and since I've eaten this Japanese cuisine in MANY big cities in the USA (and in several other countries) - I tend to limit myself to sushi/sashimi to salmon (raw/smoked), tuna, & yellowtail (hibachi) and to a wide variety of rolls, including shrimp/soft shell crab tempura ones - my wife has a wider variety of tastes w/ this food and has a variety of dishes (she loves their noodle offerings combined w/ tempura shrimp).

Sushi in WS is almost an unbelievable event - probably first came here in the '80s (Masa's I believe near the old Toyota dealership) - we went there many times; since many others have arrived and now receive decent to good reviews - we've tried them all - BUT, I must say that we keep returning to this local place - the food is excellent, the portions large, and the service prompt and courteous - we plan to have dinner there tomorrow night - YUM, in my experience! If you love sushi, then certainly give the place a try - if you've never had sushi and want a 'start', then this would be a nice introduction! But for the latter, it may take 2-3 tries until you decide to 'fall in love' or decide that it's not to your taste (for my wife & my brother; the former was their choice). :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

First of all the food was fantastic! The rolls were more creative than I'm used to seeing. Fruit is incorporated into many of them. The appetizers, soups, and salads are well priced but the rolls and drinks were a little pricey. Tea was more than $3! We'll be back for certain, but I might just drink water instead. The place is very clean.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surprise, Arizona
“Nice little find for great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went by myself for lunch. Great choices & prices. Small property, nothing fancy--in a strip mall. Had the Benton box with beef. Nice portions. Asked for light rice on the California roll and got it w/no problem. Lots of take out going on. Would like 2 go back and try some of their special rolls. Will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont Triad
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Incredible sushi! The lobster roll is to die for, and the dragon crunch roll is a close runner-up. Just AMAZING. Also, the service is really quick and the staff is always pleasant and friendly. Completely reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2013