“Great customer service! Thank you Josh.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   309 Summit Square Court, Winston Salem, NC 27105   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great customer service! Thank you Josh.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Josh at the front desk is awesome. Attempted to check in and was told I didn't have a reservation. Checking my email and confirmation, I indeed had reserved a room at "the other" Hampton Inn. He promptly took charge, called and cancelled my reservation at "the other" place and registered me at my preferred location with a great suite. This is my preferred hotel when working every month in Winston-Salem. The staff is always friendly, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
I would first like to thank you for your compliments on Josh. I have shared your comments, and recognized him at our most recent team huddle! We truly strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. Although you were booked at another property, I am glad we were able to get you in to ours. We hope that when visiting the area again we will be your choice in hotels. Thank you again, for being our valued guest, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I stay here frequently. I'm always greeted by friendly staff (Josh & Roger). The breakfast is extensive with many choices. The rooms are quiet and clean. Each room has a fridge and microwave. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
I would first like to thank you for the kind words about our staff, specifically Josh and Roger. I have shared your comments with them along with the rest of our staff. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest. We are certainly glad you were not disappointed, and we hope when you visit the Winston-Salem area in the future we will be your first choice in hotels!
Sand Creek, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was a little pricey, however, it was very spacious and was nice. The hotel was very quiet and had very little outside noise. There was plenty of food for breakfast! The only suggestion I would have for ANY hotel is to hand out a map upon request, showing where some restaurants and other surroundings are for out of town guests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. Our staff truly strives to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. We hope that when you are visiting the Winston Salem Area again in the future we will be your choice of hotels in the area.
Greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Check in was very fast and staff was very friendly. Room was clean and room accommodations were great. The free breakfast was great. Will be staying at this hotel again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your experience. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest! I’m glad to hear you will be staying with us again when visiting the area. We truly want to earn your business. Thank you for being our valued guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Laguna Niguel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This Hampton Inn is fairly new (built around 2010 I believe) and the lobby and rooms are all have the newer Hampton Inn look. Beds are very comfortable and rooms are quiet. Bathrooms are nice and upscale (my room did not have a bathtub, but had a large walk-in shower - not sure if that is standard or not). People were very friendly and they offer corporate rates for some local businesses.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being our valued guest! We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to each and every guest. All of our standard kings do have the stand up showers, however we do offer tubs in our upgrade rooms, and our double rooms. Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

As soon as I checked into my room the person who checked me in, Roger, called to see if everything was fine with my room. I realized later I had forgotten a toothbrush and they gave me one. I didn't partake of the free breakfast but it looked fine- it is the same as other Hamptons I have stayed in. I do love their mattresses and pillows which is one reason I like Hamptons.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for being a valued guest, and sharing your feedback about our hotel with us and other travelers. Roger, has been at our hotel for a short time, but truly does an amazing job! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to him. Thank you again for staying with us, and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here one night only for a soccer game at Wake Forest. Excellent location. Close to many, many restaurants and conveniences. Rooms were clean, shower was hot, and breakfast was great! Our family stayed at an adjacent hotel because this was full. Great location if you have a large party. We will stay here again if we come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Winston Salem Area. We are very fortunate that our hotel is conveniently located to several shops and restaurants and our guest love it! We hope that when you come back to this area again we will be your choice in hotels when visiting the area. Thank you again for being a valued guest and we love having you here!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area? Share your experiences!