“Nicely appointed newer hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   309 Summit Square Court, Winston Salem, NC 27105   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Laguna Niguel, United States
“Nicely appointed newer hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This Hampton Inn is fairly new (built around 2010 I believe) and the lobby and rooms are all have the newer Hampton Inn look. Beds are very comfortable and rooms are quiet. Bathrooms are nice and upscale (my room did not have a bathtub, but had a large walk-in shower - not sure if that is standard or not). People were very friendly and they offer corporate rates for some local businesses.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for being our valued guest! We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to each and every guest. All of our standard kings do have the stand up showers, however we do offer tubs in our upgrade rooms, and our double rooms. Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

As soon as I checked into my room the person who checked me in, Roger, called to see if everything was fine with my room. I realized later I had forgotten a toothbrush and they gave me one. I didn't partake of the free breakfast but it looked fine- it is the same as other Hamptons I have stayed in. I do love their mattresses and pillows which is one reason I like Hamptons.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for being a valued guest, and sharing your feedback about our hotel with us and other travelers. Roger, has been at our hotel for a short time, but truly does an amazing job! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to him. Thank you again for staying with us, and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here one night only for a soccer game at Wake Forest. Excellent location. Close to many, many restaurants and conveniences. Rooms were clean, shower was hot, and breakfast was great! Our family stayed at an adjacent hotel because this was full. Great location if you have a large party. We will stay here again if we come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Winston Salem Area. We are very fortunate that our hotel is conveniently located to several shops and restaurants and our guest love it! We hope that when you come back to this area again we will be your choice in hotels when visiting the area. Thank you again for being a valued guest and we love having you here!
GILBERTSVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stay in Hampton Inn all the time and this is one of th best that I have stayed in. The staff was great, they were friendly and always there to help if needed. I was given an upgrade (I am an Hhonors diamond member) which for me was a first. The room was clean and kept clean. I guess the only negative comment and this is more for Hampton than this hotel is that they should get some variety to the breakfast. It is becoming the same ole same ole. So if you are in the university area of Winston-Salem you should stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being a valued guest, and taking the time to let us know about your experience. We love upgrading our Diamond Members when they visit the hotel and we have availability. I noticed you were not particularly pleased with the Hampton breakfast as a whole. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our corporate office, as they are always looking to improve the brand. We hope that when you visit our area again you will be our choice of hotels.
Conneaut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff at this hotel will go out of their way to see they you have excellent service. We left clothing behind. We were called and the clothing was nicely packed and shipped to our home. It arrived the day after we did.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being our guest while visiting the Winston Salem area. I’m glad you were able to experience great service and accommodations. Our staff really takes pride in the service and accommodations we provide. Thank you for staying at our property, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here for a lacrosse tournament and even though it was far from BB&T Soccer Park it was worth it for the quiet and nice accommodations. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good - again the staff was wonderful. The only thing was the elevator smelled sour. The carpet needs replacing or cleaning. This was the only thing I found lacking at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting our hotel during your lacrosse tournament! We strive to provide great service and accommodations each and every time. Thank you for making us aware of our elevator carpet! I will make sure maintenance takes care of that issue. We hope that when visiting the area again we will be your choice in hotels in the area. Thank you for being out guest!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to NC where we were traveling from place to place visiting various family members. We checked into this Hampton Inn at the end of a very long day of hiking with our 2 children. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the check in was speedy, our room was immaculate and the beds were heaven on earth. We will definitely stay here again, the next time we are in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property! We are glad to hear you were able to check in with ease and that you enjoyed our beds! They are my favorite part about the brand as well! I know that when staying with Hampton I will always get a great night rest! Thank you for being a valued guest and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area? Share your experiences!