You added Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burnsville, United States
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Location is convenient with lots of places to eat within walking distance. The staff were helpful and friendly. The lady who worked the breakfast area has a great personality and was very helpful to the younger guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Summer C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for being a valued guest at our property! Our hotel is conveniently located near shopping and restaurants and we hope that you were able to take advantage of that while visiting. Our breakfast staff takes pride in providing not only great food, but service as well. I have shared your comments with the staff at our morning huddle! Thank you for giving us valuable feedback, and we hope when you visit our area in the future we will be your choice in hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Carrollton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My family and I were traveling on vacation and always book a room in the Winston-Salem Area right of route 52. We have stayed at another area hotel and security and service was horrible, so we looked elsewhere and decided to stay at this facility. From the time we entered and I expressed our safety concerns, which were addressed immediately, to the continental breakfast before leaving we had a safe and pleasant stop, with a restful night of sleep to continue our trip. Thank you for everything.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to let us and other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. We truly strive to provide great service, comfortable rooms and accommodations to each and every guest. We understand that when traveling it is a requirement to make sure you are staying at a place you feel secure and can trust! I am excited to hear this was the case at our property. I will pass along your kind remarks to the Front Desk and Breakfast Staff. We hope that when visiting this area in the future we will be your choice of hotels. We Love Having You Here!
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a very clean and modern hotel, unfortunately it only takes a couple of issues to ruin a good nights rest. For above average hotel with above average price ($ 129+ tax) you'd expect a less noisy ac unit that doesnt blow cold air right into your face even though you're sleeping on the opposite side of the room. I checked the settings on the unti- you can only turn it on and off and regulate the temperature on the thermostat, there is no option to decrease the air flow. But thats only half of the problem. Most frustrating thing was the blanket. The irony is, the last time we stayed at Hampton Inn in Georgia we had the same issue, they had the same type of horrible blanket that is basically filled with synthetic cotton balls that are scattered around and in some areas the blanket is 5" thick and in others its less than half an inch. Not only one part of your body is hot while another part is freezing, but the very concept of a synthetic filler in a blanket is a joke. I'd expect that from a Motel 6 but not from Hilton family. I sincerely wish that a person in charge of the purchasing decisions for this chain tried to sleep under this blanket a few times. Anyway, I ended up sleeping a total of about 4 hours and called front desk about 3 am to find if they had any other blankets, I was told they were all out of them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel when visiting the Winston Salem Area. From your review it appears we have fallen below your expectations in a few areas with the noisy ac unit and our duvet covers. I would personally like to speak with you regarding these issues. Please call me at your convenience at 336-377-3000. We truly strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to each and every guest. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times over the past year and have always had a great experience. The rooms are quiet and there is not highway noise. Rooms are clean and big. Bed are very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Request room on top (4th) floor - very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for being a loyal guest! We truly value your continued business at our property. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to each and every guest every time. We hope that when traveling back to the Winston-Salem Area we will be your choice in hotels. Thank you again for the continued opportunity to earn your business!
Winston-Salem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a great stay and found the staff quite helpful and courteous. All areas of the hotel were satisfactory and the decor seemed newly updated. The hotel was a ways from the main interstate but there were plenty of restaurants nearby as well as nearby shopping.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for letting us and other travelers know about your experience while visiting our hotel. Our hotel is perfectly located close to the interstate, but far enough away you don’t experience the noise. We hope that when traveling back to Winston Salem that we will be your choice for accommodations. We truly value your business! Thank you for being our valued guest!
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Clean, friendly, extremely satisfied. We were able to check in quickly, room was very clean. Like the idea that they wash the sheets and comforters after every customer. Breakfast was very tasty and staff attentive.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We hope you enjoyed your visit to Winston Salem and our hotel! We strive to provide great service clean rooms and comfortable surroundings each and every time. I also love the fact that our duvets are changed after every guest, and that is my favorite part about the brand! We hope that when you visit Winston Salem again we will be your choice in hotels! Thank you for being a valued guest!
Ashland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I used the guaranteed rate as I thought our travel plans would not change. I saved, only $10. Then I had to move up my stay 1 day. I lost my money as they could change with 3 days notice, but not 2 days notice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience with your rate, but unfortunately with an advance purchase reservation specific guidelines are set Hilton Hotels to qualify for this rate. I would be more than happy to discuss with you at your convenience, and see what I can do to make your experience better. I do hope you enjoyed your visit while at our property, and we hope to see you again when traveling to Winston Salem.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem / University Area? Share your experiences!