“Worst Japanese Steak House experience EVER!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #242 of 570 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Voted Best Japanese Restaurant in Triad, Full Service Bar,Sushi bar open till Midnight on Fri & Sat.Daily specials bar and dinning.Call for reservation.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Worst Japanese Steak House experience EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Save your money. Save your time. Chefs run through their paces with no personal interaction. Steak was nicely cooked but many fillers including crunchy onions in the soup???? Sauces were awful, especially the mayonnaise sauce...awful...sweet...awful. The waiter started off good but became overwhelmed with more tables and we sat forever without drinks. The chicken with sparkling teriyaki was horrible and dry. Noodles are just a filler and should be left off. They should have bean sprouts instead...healthier. The shrimp on the main meal was fishy and old. The appetizer shrimp was fresh and yummy. This was about the only yummy thing we had. The atmosphere is dark and depressive. Seriously...try somewhere else...anywhere...else.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Not what expected ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The chicken very good shrimp for appetizer was very good but for my meal it was absolutely not good the steak very good! refills are not very good I waited 30 min be for they noticed !!!overall I would say it would be a ok place to go but did I think quality was good for the price nope I would choose some other place to go

“Anniversary dinner Ruined”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I were told we could not eat here because he was wearing a tank top...excuse me...what about the women in spaghetti straps or tube tops or even tank tops. ..if he was wearing a normal short sleeve shirt his arm hair would still be there out in the open ...if it is armpit hair do u check all women to see if they r shaved ...if hair is an issue then all patrons should wear hair nets and full body suits....wow...what a hassle...

“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

After reading reviews for here I had pretty high expectations. They have a lot more menu options than most hibachi places and prices are decent with decent specials. I would have said the food was average had they not cooked the crap out of my steak and shrimp. Steak was DRY and TOUGH. I ordered it medium and he cooked it extra well done. He never asked if everyone's food was ok. He just hurried up and left and they were not busy at all. I would have asked for another steak because I was still hungry but I was never given the chance. I don't eat a lot so for me to leave a restaurant hungry is absurd. They gave me a discount but I didn't want a discount I wanted food!! I have to say my husbands steak was cooked decently although it was also overcooked too. The rest of the meal wasn't terrible although their mayo sauce needs some flavor their hot sauce was really good so I mixed the two. If all you want is hot sauce this is the place for you!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Japanese steakhouse in Winston Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great experience from beginning to end. It may not have the ambiance of some of the other japanese restaurants, but it certainly tastes a lot better. They do have sushi, so that is a plus. Also, the meals come with noodles in addition to rice. All of the meats are excellent quality and always taste great. The chefs are always very entertaining and interactive here, which you don't always see in Japanese steakhouses. Great family night out!

• Visited February 2014