“Defintely NOT upscale” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North

You added Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3050 University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC 27105 (Formerly Clarion Collection Hotel Sundance Plaza Hotel Spa & Wellness Ctr.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Ohio
“Defintely NOT upscale”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

The carpet was stained, chair in room broken, large screen TV was broken and a smaller working TV sat on top of it. The next day upon returning to my room, it had not been cleaned at all. Dirty towels had been left, dirty coffee cups, no replacement coffee cups or coffee packs. I complained to the front desk and they assured me someone would come in and reclean my room. This did not happen. My bathroom sink filled up as I brushed my teeth - the drain was extremely slow. There was also a ring in the toilet and I was told it couldn't come clean because the water in the hotel was very hard.

Not a good experience and I would not stay there again.

• Liked — Room was large
  • Disliked — Dirty, very poor housekeeping, poor staff followup
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

Stayed here for High Point Spring Furniture Market and was very disappointed when I checked-in. Had to stay though as all other hotels were booked up for the market week.

When I arrived only one person was available to check-in everyone waiting in line, the restaurant and room service were unavailable and were for the rest of the week, and the room was awful.

Old saggy mattress & pillows, dirty & dusty surfaces & light switches (yuck!) , torn and mildewy shower curtains & tub.
Only thing in the room that seemed new was the sloppy new paint job.

It says 'Spa' on their sign as well, but nothing was open there either.

Staff was friendly & nice, but overall the facilities were poor & I won't be staying again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for taking your time and providing us with your feedback with regards to your stay. We truly strive to meet and exceed each customers expectation. We value all of your input and use it to take corrective action where necessary or to provide additional training to our staff. We do share your comments with the staff - good and comments for improvements. You input make a big difference -- thank you again.
Hope to welcome you back to our hotel real soon. We would like to spoil you with some Southern Hospitality and the services of the Spa and Bistro.
Best wishes,
Mike Geissler
Fordyce, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

This hotel is located on University Parkway, less than a mile from Wake Forest University. In that respect, location is ideal if you're looking for something close to Wake.

The lobby is nicely decorated and appointed. The restaurant just off the lobby features a complimentary continental breakfast and when we were there, a breakfast buffet option.

As some have noted, the rooms themselves are nothing special, slightly less than you'd expect for the price. All in all, the hotel satisfied our need for a decent place to sleep close to Wake Forest.

Stayed March 2007
Dear guest:
Best wishes,
Mike Geissler
919 2159372
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2006

Hotel has been recently renovated and the lobby area is nice but the rooms are still pretty dated. They've given the hotel the "boutique" treatment (they've hotglued sticks to the room number plaques for instance) but the elevators, major funiture, bedding and curtains all look dated (The microwave looked like something that might have been equipment onboard on the trip to the moon back in the 60's). Mattress felt and looked cheap. Lamps were modern as well as carpet in the hallways. First night the hot water only got to warm. We were told to let the water run for about 15 minutes. This was after multiple calls to the front desk as no one seemed to answer the phone. After an in-person visit to the front desk to complain again they did adjust my room rate down from 93.50 to 79.99 per night for both nights. The hot water finally started working late in the evening and worked for the rest of the stay. The "Free" breakfast was very limited with no hot items. You could pay $8 if you wanted an omlette or $2 if you wanted a waffe. Although the hotel has been updated it is still a Sow's ear. A bright point was the staff. The front desk clerk (Young Female) handled the water situation well and was very friendly. All the staff were very friendly and made a point of saying hello in the hallways, etc. I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. It is clear that we failed our goal with you. However, every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.
Again – thank you for your review
Mike G
919 215-9372
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

This place is old dirty and unkept. There were no non-smoking rooms and the room stunk of cigarette smoke The room was dirty and our room was not cleaned one night. There were not 2 beds as reserved but one bed and a hide a bed with no sheets. There was no hot water in the morning and the bathroom was not clean when we arrived, it had excriment on the side of the commode.

Dear Guest:
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Again – thank you for your review
Mike G
919 215-9372

Been to Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North? Share your experiences!