“Mildew and Moisture!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North

You added Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3050 University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC 27105 (Formerly Clarion Collection Hotel Sundance Plaza Hotel Spa & Wellness Ctr.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
North Haven, Connecticut
“Mildew and Moisture!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while moving our daughter to Wake Forest. The first thing we noticed was that the room felt very damp. The next day we saw dehumidifiers set up in the main hallways so clearly the dampness was a problem throughout the hotel. On the second night, we noticed black mildew spots on the ceiling and wall of our room. By the third day, the ceiling was dripping water onto the sofa in the room. Clearly, there is a moisture issue at the hotel and if you are an asthma sufferer you need to proceed with caution. When we checked out I mentioned the mildew and the front desk clerk apologized and said they would take care of it. Also during our visit, the maid left the door slightly ajar after cleaning. Luckily nothing was stolen.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and it was fairly quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Susan D:

Thank you for your feedback. While we truly strive to meet and exceed your and all guests expectation, we clearly failed meeting yours. I am sorry and I apologize.

In deed we experienced a leakage problem and it took the plumber several days to locate and fix the problem. When you come back you will see and smell the difference.

Your remark on the housekeeping issue is very helpful and is used for our training classes with our staff. The safety and security of our guest and staff is our number one priority.

I would like to invite you personally back to our hotel and show you that your feed back made a difference. Thank you again,

Mike G
Sundance Plaza Hotel Spa & Wellness Center.
mgpmi@aol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was recently at this hotel and it is an old hotel that has "tried" to be transformed to a Spa Hotel. IT IS NOT A SPA HOTEL. The overall rating of the hotel is 90.1 which is not clean. I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Also, it is located in a dangerous location in Winston-Salem. It even smells like an old and outdated hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.... There are plenty of good ones in other places in Winston-Salem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear WenTrip:

I have read your comment and appreciate the fact that you took time and gave your feedback. While we strive to meet and exceed all our guests’ expectations it is clear that we did not achieve our goal with you. I am truly sorry for that and apologize.

Your opinion is greatly valued and taken in consideration for making adjustments, improvements and changes where possible.

It is true that our hotel is built in the 70's. Being from Europe, that is considered barely seasoned. The Sundance considers it a boutique hotel and displays unusual art in the guestrooms, public areas and outdoors. We love "the arts". I bought the hotel at the end of 2004 and all rooms and public area have been renovated between 2006 and 2012 and more renovations are scheduled for 2013.

With reference to the Spa: Did you have a chance to visit the Spa & Wellness Center with its 10,000 sq. ft. space during your visit at our hotel? We have great comments from our guests. There is no other Spa and Wellness Center to my knowledge in the city or surrounding area offering the decor as well as trained and licensed staff offering similar services.

The hotel did experience a leakage problem which has been located and fixed which explains your sensation. You will feel and smell the difference when you return.

Your feedback is truly important to me and is used frequently to make changes and improvement to our product and services.

I would love to welcome you back to our hotel and introduce you our facility in a more enjoyable manner. Thank you again,

Yours truly,

Sundance Plaza Hotel, Spa & Wellness Center
Danville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is not what it claims to be. It is in need of a major remodel. Our air conditioner kept literally falling in the floor. We reported the problem on Friday and it was still not resolved when we left on Sunday. Also, the maid did not leave coffee or clean wash cloths. She made the bed and took the tip. The breakfast staff was also rude, not allowing guests to take the food to the room to eat, claiming that they had complaints of ants. However, the rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. In summary, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear KristaDanville_VA:

I reviewed your comment. Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations - clearly we did not achieve that goal. I am very sorry about that and apologize.

Because of your feedback we are able to analyze the issues, share them with our staff, use them for staff training and prepare a plan of action to correct the issues. I am truly thankful.

We started renovations of the property in 2006, continued in 2009, 2012 and more renovations are scheduled for 2013. During these years all rooms and public areas have been renovated. We strive to be a boutique hotel and exhibit unusual art throughout the hotel, public areas and outdoors.

I would love to welcome you back to the Sundance Plaza Hotel and high light the changes we have undertaken and the many features we offer and let you experience our hotel and staff in a positive manner.
Thank you - thank you!!
Sundance Plaza Hotel, Spa & Wellness Center
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Was in town at the last minute and showed up unannounced at the hotel. I needed a room and the Staff couldn't have been more accomodating. I got my room and they treated me as they usually do...like Royalty. The customer service here is unparalleled in the industry as far as I'm concerned. It's my home-away-from-home when I visit my son at Wake Forest. I'm so glad I found this place a couple of years ago! Many thanks to Aytek, Larry, Edith, Merriam, Berta, Miss Green, Doug the bartender and the entire staff. Job well done.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rob1313:

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. Your comment is shared with all of our staff and they love to hear that we not just met but exceeded our hotel guest's expectation. It means a lot to me.

Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I don't know what more I could ask for, Great location next to Wake Forest and right across the street from the sports complex. Guest rooms are clean and comfortable (love the flat screen tv). A fantastic staff ( Miriam, Edith, Larry and Doug to name but a few) make me feel right at home. Looking forward to my next visit. Love this hotel !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Martinj58:

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. Your comment is shared with all of our staff and they love to hear that we not just met but exceeded your expectation. It means a lot to me.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Tired, tired tired. This is a tired motel rebranded as a hotel & spa.
The staff is friendly and attentive but the facilities are second rate at best.
window air conditioner was broken in the first room of the evening,
no internet access
tiny out of date bath
room window was off its track - and a hundred other sub-standard details.
A new coat of paint and a logo don't make a hotel out of a motel or a first-class place out of a third class establishment.
Again- the staff were friendly but, especially for a business traveler I can't recommend staying here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.
Again – thank you for your review
Mike G
san diego, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were very happy to stay at this hotel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, above our expectations. We found our rooms very comfortable, clean and cozy. The outside pool looked very nice, unfortunately it was quite chilly day so we did not feel like swimming. We enjoyed the delicious inclusive breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. Your comment is shared with all of our staff and they love to hear that we not just met but exceeded your expectation. It means a lot to me and of course the staff.

919 215-9372

Been to Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North? Share your experiences!