“EXTRA CLEAN ROOM WE LOVED IT AND WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Winston Salem Hotel & Spa

You added Winston Salem Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3050 University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC 27105 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Winston Salem North)   |
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
gastonia
“EXTRA CLEAN ROOM WE LOVED IT AND WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed 3 nights the rooms were clean and comfortable and the service was great. The breakfast was great and the location was perfect. We will come back again and we would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking your time and share your feedback with us. Our goal is ti meet or exceed your expectation and I am glad to hear that we achived our goal.

It means a lot to me and my staff to hear from you.
Please hurry back!

Respectfully

Mike G.
Sundance Plaza Hotel & Spa
mgpmi@aol.com
919 215-9372

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This hotel is great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. A very relaxed and calm atmosphere. The breakfast was far better than most hotels with a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. It feels real good when a customer tells us that we met or exceeded his / her expectation – thank you. We truly love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to welcome you to the Sundance.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I am baffled by this hotel...it's website is completely misleading. Sundance is a Clarion Hotel and they state that they are a "boutique hotel in the heart of Winston Salem" - I did not see any signs of it being in the heart of anything and in fact, drove right by it. The neighborhood was iffy and I opted to walk my dog around the building and parking lot instead of venturing out. There are so many false claims on their website that my review became excruciatingly long so I deleted most of it and will keep it brief: pool was closed, spa looked like a small hair salon (I did not visit it), "restaurant" was a joke...it was empty and although my room had an extensive menu stating a chef team that flew in fresh seafood daily, there was actually NO menu but for a white marker board in the lobby with 1 soup, 2 mains and a dessert (and then I had to take my dinner - tray and all - through the hotel to my room). The rate of $109 was terribly expensive for what this hotel is, even though there is a free breakfast (which I did not take advantage of), free parking and nice, friendly staff. The hotel and every part of it that I saw was terribly dated, including my room and washroom on the first floor (I didn't even shower in it), the toilet was near to overflow each time I used it. The appliances in the room were very old (the microwave even had dials!). I woke up extra early just to get back on the road. Totally disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

I stayed at the Sundance Plaza Hotel on a busniess trip with my colleagues last week. We were all impressed by the super friendly service and value at this property. I throughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (I had a made to order bacon and a huge omelet with a fresh cup of OJ and Starbucks Coffee). My colleague enjoyed the Spa on the property and recieved a massage while we ate breakfast. It is a beautiful property across from Wake Forest University. I enjoyed my quite rest on the fourth floor of this property and their pool is huge.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Because of work being done at our home, we were looking for a hotel in close proximity that would allow us to check on our home. Therefore, my husband and I would like to thank the wonderful staff at Sundance for your thoughtfulness and excellent customer service. Everyone was just exceptional from the front desk to the kitchen. Because of the staff treatment, we felt welcome and this hotel wanted our business.

My husband and I have stayed in hotels all of this country, including four and five stars, and we have never been treated so kindly. Please convey our sincere appreciation to Cynthia Hall, Samantha, Rodney, Angela and Demetrius. If we forgot anyone, just know that everyone was extremely customer-serviced oriented. These employees are truly an asset to Sundance Plaza.

While staying for a few days, I enjoyed the wonderful spa and Demetrius is absolutely wonderful and a very skilled "body lady!" You all rock! I have referred several of my friends to the hotel and spa. Please keep up the good work!

PS: In answer to a previous post, this hotel is NOT IN THE GHETTO!

The Monroe's

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations.
For the issues and areas where we failed I am truly sorry and I apologize.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to point out the corrective action we have taken.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed at the Sundance Plaza Hotel the night after our wedding they were very accommodating and anything we needed they were there to help!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
Thank you, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself.
The issues and areas you pointed out are discussed and taken under consideration for future decission making. We tell also tell our staff “job well done” for the items you enjoyed. Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to welcome you home.
Best wishes,
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I stayed here with other college students for a regional conference, and the hotel itself is fine. It's clean and comfortable, and management was helpful (esp. in dealing with college students), HOWEVER, THIS HOTEL IS IN THE GHETTO. Right next door is an IHOP, and while my friend and I were there, a gang fight broke out...we'd never been so scared before. So no, it's not worth it. Pay a little more if you can and stay in a safer location.

Side note: the walls are very thin, so you can hear everything going on above you, in the halls, and in the rooms next door.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear guest:
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. Sorry for the long delay in my response. It must have been an uncomfortable situation you experienced. I am sorry this happend to you.
We are right next to Wake Forest University. This is in no means a bad area and must haver been a totaly isolated matter.
Feel free to call the local police department to verify.
May I invite you back to our hotel to enjoy all services we offer. We made some great additions with the Spa.
Best wishes,
919 215-9372

Been to Winston Salem Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!