“Keep driving” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Mercantile Drive, University Parkway & Highway 52, Winston Salem, NC 27105   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Keep driving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was horrible from top to bottom. From the moment we stepped into the lobby to rude desk clerks we knew this was not going to be good. The room was not ready when promised due it needing to be cleaned, they "cleaned" it in in three minutes. Wow! I really trust that cleaning. The furniture in the room was stained, spilled soda was still on the table and the carpet was sticky. The breakfast room must have doubled as the sauna with it being so hot. There was not enough parking provided for guests and we had to park in the street. If you need a place to stay, keep driving past this hotel.

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Plattsville, Ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

4 couples met here on our way to Myrtle Beach and got a coupon at the rest area. We all were able to get rooms and the staff was very accommodating. We needed a corkscrew and within a minute we had one. My husband forgot his toothbrush and they gladly supplied one. Breakfast was included in the price which was what you usually get. It did include hot food.

Room Tip: We had a king room on the third floor and it was great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and I was not disappointed. The room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. I had a smoking room and to my delight it didn't smell like a dirty ashtray. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. We did not eat the breakfast there but looking in there seemed very good. A lot of choices. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room was reserved by the people I was consulting with in Winston-Salem. Check in was fine, but the lobby had a strange smell. The room was in need to refurbishing and smelled of dirt and old tobacco smoke. Upholstery was badly stained. Luckily the window opened and I left it open all night. Then in the morning someone below was smoking in the bathroom. Had to turn the fan on and leave the bathroom until I could get the smell out which put me behind for the day. Water from the tub faucet was brown and was intermittently hot. Lots of coffee for breakfast, but the hot water for tea was on the top back stand. The water was lukewarm. Needless to say, this hotel has been crossed off the list.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway to Winston-Salem/Mt. Airy. We had stayed here before and enjoyed it. It is in a great location just off Highway 52, so it was an easy shot up to Mt. Airy. If you have kids it is located very near to SciWorks. There are a lot of shopping areas and restaurants within a short driving distance. That being said, our stay wasn't as pleasant as it had been before. Check-in was very slow as there were a couple of families ahead of us that were trying to get rooms together. The desk clerk was very nice and accommodating, so I wasn't upset about the wait. The room was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable but the noise up and down the hall was very annoying. There were several young people there and they spent the better part of the evening slamming doors and chattering. What really surprised us was that the housekeeping girls were knocking on doors at 9 in the morning...seemed a little early for that to me. I think that we will probably go back to the other Choice Hotel we usually stay at on the next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattsville, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn two nights from April 12-14, 2013. We asked for a nonsmoking room but was given a smoking room. The bedspread had a burnt hole in it.
The room was dirty, there was trash on the floor, one of the lights was not working. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the front desk the next morning and told the clerk that the room needed to be vacuumed.
The young lady working the front desk on the morning of April 13, 2013 was very unprofessional. As I was talking to her, she turns and starts holding a conversation with another employee.When we returned that evening, the same trash was on the floor in our room. This is unacceptable. I again informed the front desk when I was checking out and he took $25 off of my bill.
The breakfast area is too small to accommodate the amount of people staying at the hotel.

I informed the hotel of my dissatisfaction and have yet to receive correspondence from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Tristen at the front desk was the only nice thing about this hotel. He did everything he could to try and make up for all the things this hotel was lacking. Rooms were old, AC gave off a sticky feeling, shower temps went hot then cold then hot. Not that the water temp much mattered because the water pressure was almost non-existent. This place actually reminded me of my college days. Again, Tristen was as nice as he could be which is the only reason I am not slamming this hotel with complaints. He is truly a diamond in the rough - with "the rough" being a very accurate description on this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!