“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The facility was really excellent, the rooms were comfortable and very clean. I enjoyed the breakfast too, but I was a little disappointed in being charged extra for the meal, since that was touted as an amenity. Guess I'm a little naive as a traveler, but this was the only hotel out of 6 I stayed at that charged me extra for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your review and we would like to let you know that we do offer a second rate for the rooms that will include a breakfast. Our goal is to provide a variety of pricing alternatives for our guests. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
san diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The room had basic furnishings yet they were comfortable. The linens are really wrinkled but clean. The bathroom was clean but amenities were very tiny and an off brand (low priced). The hallways were busy and the gap under the door allowed the noise to travel up until 1 am
Breakfast was good and the two cooks really worked hard to please the large crowd of guests that gathered for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor that isn't booked!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We are always glad to hear from our guests and are pleased our hotel met all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Spent the weekend. Was in Winston for a family funeral, so while the occassion was not ideal, the hotel was. For many years I swore off "Inn's". Not that I am stuffy or arrogant, but where I sleep and shower play an important part in any traveling that I do. In the past the mere mention of an "Inn" always conjured up images of the broken marquee with "Vacancy" sign, the room key with the big tag, thin washclothes and wearing my clothes to bed! Well thanks to this peoperty I am a changed traveler. The most difficult part of the stay was actually finding it. My GPS did not locate the address. While driving at night this made my mother and I quite nervous, my Dad was in the back, and at 84 yrs ket saying "We passed this before". Even the directions given to us by the front desk was quite suspicious. After arriving at the property, I guess no one wanted to actually say "we're in the back of a parking lot, at a dead end". This location was PERFECT! quiet, tranquil and close to eateries, Mall and major street. the rooms were clean. Each day there was a nice cold fresh picther of fruit filled water in the lobby. Fireplace, lounge chairs, bar and flat screens accented the warm and inviting sitting area/lobby. There was an indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center. Microwave, refridge, iron, flatscreen, FREE INTERNET!!! (wireless and wired) The buffet breakfast was limited but functional. Even though it was buffet, you were served by cooking staft, to place your order of hot items. The cold items were serve yourself. The staff were friendly and helpful with directions, and tip about the area. The housekeeping staff were pleasant and efficient. One night my mother and I walked to the Brick oven resturant, Brixx (I will review) I would definatley stay here angain and reccomend you do so; if you find yourself in the Triad area. Oh! extremely close to Interstate 40.

Room Tip: We were facing the front of the hotel, Room 308
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We are sorry your visit was under such sad circumstances but were glad to hear our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem met all your needs. Thank you for the review.
ewing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel is clean & very nice. The rooms are very nicely decorated. The breakfast is very good. In a very nice neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review for our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place could not be faulted - clean rooms, spacious facilities, quiet location, helpful staff.
My wife and I and two friends were attending a conference and stayed here three nights. It's 15 minutes from downtown, but worth the (easy) commute. We were unanimous in our assessment of this, one of the best HGIs any of us have experienced.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!
Firestone, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I enjoyed my 3-day stay here. Rooms are clean and everything is new. I found the staff to be very friendly. No complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review for our hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem. We are also glad to hear you would stay here again and will look forward to seeing you then.
Clemmons, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

On Saturday June 2nd, our oldest daughter was married at the Hilton Garden Inn and a better experience we could not have had. The entire staff of the hotel from managers to event planners to cooks, servers and helpers went above and beyond to ensure our day would be special. When there was something we needed, a staff member was close by and eager to help and ALWAYS had a smile on his or her face.
The wedding food was fabulous. The folks at the bar handled the thirsty and sometimes spirited guests professionally and politely and never once showed a grain of frustration as the multitudes of young bridesmaids, groomsmen and the many wedding guests over-ran the bar for drinks. Members of the staff danced and laughed with us as the reception kicked into high gear, something I cannot recall happening at other events I have attended which showed how much pride they these fine folks take in their jobs.
Needless to say, we could not have been more satisfied with the entire wedding and the place we chose to have the event. I apologize for not naming specific names. There were far to many to list them all by name but they know who they are and I sincerely hope the upper management knows what an amazing staff they have at their hotel.
Lastly, though my wife and I didn't stay overnight at the hotel, many guests did stay there and as far as we know, they were quite satisfied with their rooms and their experience. All in all, my wife and I give our highest rating to the Hilton Garden Inn of Winston-Salem.
Thank you all so much for helping make our daughters day, a day she will remember for the rest of her life. If you ever need a referral, please do not hesitate to contact us.

-Rick and Julie, father and mother of the bride.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
The Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem is so happy that your daughters wedding day was so perfect and is the day she will remember the rest of her life. Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem? Share your experiences!