“Outstanding Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Martinsville, Virginia
“Outstanding Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Have traveled to 23 countries and many of the states here, so have stayed in many hotels. So I was very pleasantly surprised to find this gem so close to home (live in Virginia). I have never been treated so well by hotel staff. Greeted numerous times during my short stay with smiles and genuine care. Anyone traveling to Winston-Salem should definitely consider staying at this hotel just for the customer service, to learn what it truly means.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jen P, General Manager at Marriott Winston-Salem, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Our Winston Salem Marriott is proud of the service we provide and we are glad you found us. Please come visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We just got home from a great weekend of soccer. We stayed here and had a great experience. The staff was awesome! Very friendly. Room was great and comfy beds. It was crowded but you would never know it. Loved the location. We will stay there again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Our Winston Salem Marriott is about our southern hospitality. You are right, we have been hard at work to ensure our guests receive superior service each and every time. See you next time. And by the way, the rooms upgrades are just around the corner.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've stayed at this Marriott many times in the past. It's in a great location downtown, convenient to pretty much anything in the area. I'm pleased to say that the biggest change over the past few years is that the staff has become much better. From the front desk, to the valet, to the restaurant, everyone is pleasant and cheery. It seems the management has made a big effort in staff training, and I would just ask to keep this up. It shows. The rooms are nice but nothing overly "special". I'd suggest room upgrades as the next focus area (but keep the nice pictures of local scenes and history).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jen P, General Manager at Marriott Winston-Salem, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We work hard to provide great southern hospitality here at the Winston-Salem Marriott and we are so glad you received great service we are known for. It’s a great hotel in a fun city. We hope to see you again real soon.
Warm Regards,
Jen
Traveling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was here for a convention. I have to say that the staff were all exceedingly friendly and pleasant--from the valet to room service to the front desk. My room was clean and I did get to meet the housekeeper for my room and she was really pleasant as well. This was overall one of the nicest staffs I've met a hotel, especially during a convention which always makes your stay a better one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jen P, General Manager at Marriott Winston-Salem, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Our Winston Salem Marriott is a great hotel for conventions, attached to the convention center; you never have to go outside to get to your meetings unless you want to. We will celebrate with the team the nice compliments about the staff. Hope to see you next time.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott for just one night. The bar and food at the bar were fair, but the bar was quite nice. I believe I would have rated this property higher, but the fire alarm at 5:30am did not contribute to a good night's sleep! The front desk personnel were good and polite, as was the concierge. The location is great if you have business in downtown W-S, though the restaurant selection in the area was a bit limited. However, the city is looking to improve things and has made some great strides.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are glad you enjoyed our Winston Salem Marriott's southern hospitality. It’s something we pride ourselves on and what we are known for. We are sorry the alarm woke you up as that is never a pleasant experience, although I am glad the safety feature is there for your protection. We do hope you come and try us again in the future.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

When our beach condo rental agent told us we had to leave our vacation THREE days early due to a hurriane I was heartbroken. I refused to let vacation end so early and I found the Marriott Winston-Salem which was far enough inland that the hurricane would miss us. The hotel is beautiful and located only a few blocks from tons of restaurants, a gym, theatrea and much more. Our hotel room had an issue with the cable not working and the staff immediately moved us to a new room, gave us free breakfast for in the morning and a free $20 movie rental. I love good service! I highly suggest stopping in at the Marriott in Winston-Salem next time you're heading through NC.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Although leaving the beach early is never fun, we are glad you enjoy our city and the Winston Salem Marriott. Our Marriott is at the heart of the city's arts district. We hope to see you next year if you get to visit us again when you are passing through.
Loganville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

No hot water. Called front desk and Maintenance came and told me to do the following in the morning:

1. Turn on the sink
2. Turn on the shower
3. Flush the toilet
Let these all run 15-20 minutes and the water should be hot enough for a shower.

Place is a joke.

Room Tip: Stay at Embassy Suites across the street
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jen P, General Manager at Marriott Winston-Salem, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Our Winston Salem Marriott prides itself in its great attention to detail and we failed for your visit. We are truly sorry for all the issues you had during your stay. I agree, it’s not acceptable and not at all what you should expect from a Marriott. We did identify a problem with our water system and are in the process of fixing it. These types of problems are not common and I do hope you give us another try. Please call me as I would love to make this up to you some way. My number is 336-345-9779.
Jen

Been to Marriott Winston-Salem? Share your experiences!