You added Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1995 Hampton Inn Ct, Winston Salem, NC 27103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Hamlin, New York
“Wouldn't Go Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

my bf works in road construction so we stay at alot of different hotels. When I found out we were staying here I was excited because it had a kitchen and the ones back home are really nice. When we got there I wasn't excited anymore. I personally thought it was a dump the picture on the site didn't look like our room. It's a pain is you have A lot of luggage to bring up when your 3rd floor because they don't have an elevator so you have to carry or drag everything upstairs. Also our room had an ant problem we were getting ants on nightstand then we started noticing that they were on fridge and counter obviously they didn't clean the room very well because I looked on top of fridge and there was sugar on it and a bunch of ants. We told desk on a Thursday and they put a note in let's just say we lefted on a Monday and nothing was done about it. Also I had to kill 2 stink bugs on the wall and when we were leaving I was checking the drawers to make sure we got everything and there was a stink bug in there. I understand that when you walk out your door your outside but I don't wanna go somewhere and have to kill stink bugs and kill ants everyday. I personally wouldn't stay there unless they did some upgrade and fixed their bug problem. One positive thing was the staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, November 4, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I was disheartened to read that there was ant problem in your room. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is checking each room thoroughly after treatment from our pest control vendor to ensure the bug issue is rectified. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would like to offer you a "Be Our Guest" certificate to say at any of our 684 properties.

Please contact me directly, at wsh2@extendedstay.com to discuss this situation further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I agree with UtahMarty. Staff was pleasant until I went back to the office after entering my room and showed them pictures I had just taken on my phone of the nasty carpet, the hair and spots all on the sheets, the peeling of the walls and floor in the bathroom, the unwiped counters in the kitchenette. But to top things off it was pair of pants in the bottom drawer of the dresser. After seeing all the pictures the young man got quite nasty and said they couldn't do nothing about all that I needed to call customer service. So I did and they offered me a free night of stay that I never recieved.

• Stayed November 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, October 16, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I was disheartened to read that your room was not up to par with our hotel standards. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again; my team will ensure that each room is inspected again before being assigned to a guest. I would like to offer you a 'Be Our Guest' certificate for a one night stay at any Extended Stay America in the US.

We continually work to improve our hotel; I truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at wsh2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The customer service was excellent! Friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Great deal for the money. Good location, close to the mall and several nice restaurants, however having a kitchen and full size fridge made it easy to eat in as well. Free WiFi was a bonus! The room was big and it was obvious it had just been renovated. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone that doesn't require a "high end" hotel, although it is alot nicer than many of the other hotel chains I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience during your stay and that you found the room to be clean, comfortable and quiet.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Extended Stay America in Winston Salem, NC is an outstanding value for the money. It is all one needs for a comfortable, relaxing and economical stay. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The free breakfast and coffee is simple and plain, but very good. The coffee is very good.

Room Tip: All rooms in my experience are good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WSH0370, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, April 2, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location was very convenient to shopping at Hanes Mall and nearby stores. And there are some excellent restaurants close by as well which almost made up for the room. Not that it was that bad, just disappointing. I expected a bigger room for some reason, but it did have a kitchenette area for cooking or heating leftovers plus a dining table as well. But the bathroom and sleeping area felt a little cramped. Service was fine and they did have a laundry room for guest's use. But like some other reviews mentioned, there just something about thte building that's a turnoff. It just seems dingy and dirty no matter what.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
WSH0370, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at our property. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest that walks through our doors, which is why we value the honest feedback from our guests. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. Again, I would like to thank you for you honest feedback so we can focus our efforts where they are needed.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I really liked the service given to me here at the extended stay. Lisa, especially, is very nice and will make sure your stay is enjoyable. I was able to sleep well, and the TV is better than expected, although the channel lineup isn't that great. The kitchenette is everything you need when you need to stay here for quite a long time. Here is the bad thing...the first few days of my stay, I received a lot of bug bites. I did let them know and they took care of it right away. After that, I did not get anymore bites. If it wasn't for the pleasant service, this rating would have been lower. I was on a budget and this was the best deal I got at the time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the pests, we have inspected all rooms and completed any necessary services to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Park City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was booked here by my company and ended up paying the difference out of pocket to stay somewhere (actually anywhere) else. I can't fault the dirty room since lack of maid service is part of the ESA concept but this place was literally falling apart. Stairwells roped off with caution tape, vending machines that had been attacked with chisels, DOA microwave, frazzled carpeting and bedding and in the bathroom what seemed to be actual spots of blood on the walls. Add indifferent management and this amounts to the most ghetto motel I've had the misfortune to stay in.

Room Tip: I'd heard that some of the ground floor rooms had been 'renovated' but in the case of th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Been to Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.

Address: 1995 Hampton Inn Ct, Winston Salem, NC 27103
Location: United States > North Carolina > Winston Salem
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Winston Salem
Winston Salem Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.