“Great breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Naperville, Illinois
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We love this hotel. Our daughter attends Wake Forest University so we stay here often. My favorite is the free breakfast and “The Breakfast Ladies” They are always there waiting for you with a smile, always wanting to go above and beyond.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom with my mother in law and it worked great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AGM2010, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
From the Breakfast Ladies.....We loved having you and can't wait to have you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our stay here was very pleasant, and I look forward to revisiting next time I'm in town. Great value (with our senior discount) for all that was available. Clean, comfortable, well furnished room. Very friendly, gracious, helpful staff. And convenient to nearby commercial area and the university. Easy parking too. Abundant and delicious hot breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Entrance to the room is outside, so, just for ease of access, I would request a location closest to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you! We look forward to you coming back real soon.
Clemmons
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the misfortune of having to recover from left rotator cuff repair shoulder surgery for Thanksgiving this 2013 and was unable to do this at my home. This Residence Inn had absolutely everything I needed. Alicia Perry (Director of Sales & Marketing) was so kind and helped me pick the right room and quietest location on the property. My best friend stayed with me there for 3 weeks postop, where I was in a sling and pretty dependent on her for most of that time. I picked the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite, 2 story suite (really cool). Full kitchen, granite counter tops, ALL appliances, flat screens in all rooms, great blackout curtains, sliding doors off master bedroom....etc. Very clean, very quiet. The staff was perfect. Always attentive and there for me whenever I needed anything. I never had to wait for anything that I asked for. Heck, the dishwasher broke briefly and Jetta was there within 30 minutes hand washing them for me. Seriously. Kenny was just as nice when he came to repair it. I could always depend on Austin and Brittany at the front desk to cheer me up when I was wandering around the lobby in my PJ's for a little walk. I know I am probably forgetting to mention someone, let's just say that everyone there took care of me and helped me get well. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: My room number was 924, on the very back of the property, very private and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly,

We are very glad you decided to stay with us during such an unsettling time. All of us are aware that the best place to recover is in the comforts of your home and hopefully we are a close second! We are just pleased that we had the opportunity to meet with you and connect on a personal level.

Please keep us posted on your progress and stop in the next time you are in the area!
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

What a great place! Clean, safe, and friendly. The room was a nice size. There was even a bag of complementary microwave popcorn. Those Breakfast Ladies were great - they filed our tummies and enriched our souls. I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: We loved the room on the lower floor. Very quiet and easily accessible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire Hotel (specifically the "Breakfast Ladies") THANK YOU!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Cheery smiles and pleasant conversation welcome me each morning from Betty, Wanda, and Theresa, the "breakfast ladies".
My husband and I have been guests since October and we really appreciate the wonderful breakfast items, but more than that the excellent service at all levels in this hotel.
Brittany, at the front desk, provides excellent service, no matter what I need.
We are going home for the holidays, but will return in January.
Caroline

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Caroline,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and are so glad you are back with us!
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently on a visit to Wake Forest University's Law School. It is ideally located less than 2 miles from the main entrance to the university. We were upgraded to a nice two level unit and found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast the next morning was plentiful and we would stay at this facility again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AGM2010, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive remarks. Good luck with the Law School selection process and don't hesitate to let us know if you need to head up for a second look at the University!
Indian Rocks Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Starting from Bianca with her smile and making us feel welcome. Always finding a room for us when the city is sold out. Homemade blueberry muffins with the food staff who are so nice too! Will always stay there. Thanks for the Great Hospitality!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty and you taking the time to recognize Bianca and the Breakfast Ladies.....They each exemplify what true “Southern Hospitality” is all about and promise big smiles and warm muffins upon your return!

Been to Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area? Share your experiences!