“Reasonable Place at a Good Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn North

Days Inn North
You added Days Inn North to your Saves list
Days Inn North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5218 Germanton Road, Hwy 52 North & Hwy 8 North, Winston Salem, NC 27105   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
matthews north carolina
“Reasonable Place at a Good Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night while my daughter was in a dance competition. Place is very conveniently located off the highway. Area looked a little sketchy driving in but felt safe there. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean but a little dated. However; for the price it was what I expected. I did not go in looking for flat screen TV'S and orthopedic beds. What I got is what I expected. A clean room that had no real frills but served the purpose I needed it for. A place to sleep and watch a little TV.
Restaurants are all within a few minute drive and there was a lot of choices down the street to eat at.

The only negatives for me was the TV had a channel bar across the top of it that became annoying after a while that I could not get to go away and the A/C unit had cracked grill pieces and a cover that was broken. Also, the room was clean but the amount of bleach used in the room was overwhelming when we walked in and I had to leave the door open a little while to get the bleach smell out....But a small sacrifice to make to know I had a clean room.

Breakfast was not much to talk about but served it's purpose for me. Small area to eat since there is only enough room for two tables with two chairs each...SO if more than four are eating breakfast it can be an issue...but not the hotel fault it is the design of it.

Looking for a quick stay over or a couple nights place to sleep at a reasonable price this is it. Looking for the Ritz Carlton on a beer budget this is not it

Room Tip: stay in the front side of the hotel. no [parking around back and a long walk
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel will charge guest's credit card straightly without checking when the cleaner reports a missing coffee maker. We're very offended by feeling of stealing. 1. our family doesn't drink coffee at all. 2. We gave our almost brand-new and very expensive coffee maker to a friend, the hotel one just too cheap to steal. 3. We never use coffee makers at hotels as they are usually not clean thoroughly especially at this type of hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Bowie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My mas was put in the hospital and I was looking for a inexpensive hotel close by the hospital. Days Inn was fine. I have no real complaints. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The most important thing to me was location. I was only 10 minutes from the hotel and I only paid $70.00 per night. I was happy with that. Would I chose this hotel for a romantic getaway, No. But for what I needed it for, it was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ada, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have given ample opportunity for Days Inn to remedy, or at least explain and acknowldege our recent issues with the stay we were supposed to have, and have not gotten anywhere. We have not asked for anything for free, nor have we been unreasonable with expecting someone to reach out to us, as promised multiple times, but we can't get a response. So I am posting this so someone else may make a better decision than we did when we tried to stay there during our vacation.

Days Inn has absolutely terrible customer service, the stories they tell you when 'resolving a problem' is only to get you off the phone or to placate you, hoping you will just disappear. They put my family in an unsafe situation where we had to find another hotel and spent an additional 2 hours driving to find a room when we had already been up for 23 hours. We tried to stay at a Days Inn in Winston-Salem on Friday, October 18th, and even called at 11:23pm on 10/18 to confirm a late arrival at 3:00am. We were told they had it down and would be expecting us, no problem. When we arrived at 3:00am, there was nobody at the desk, nobody would answer the phone or answer the door, and we did not get checked in. My husband even went around the property to see if there was any representative anywhere to be found, to no avail.

After waiting for approximately 25 minutes, we left because we had our 13 month old son in the car and he needed a place to stretch out since we had been driving since 6pm the evening before. I called the 800 number three times, spoke with three different people, got 'disconnected' twice, and was told that I could not speak with a manger because they were all in a meeting...at 3:15am. We drove another 2 hours to find an open hotel room because everything was booked due to a special event in the area - which is why we reserved a room two months prior to our vacation.

When I called the 800 number back on 10/19, spoke with two customer 'care' representatives, and was assured that we would receive a phone call from the general manager of that Days Inn before Thursday. I called the 800 number back on Friday, 10/25, after we had still not had any communication, spoke with yet another customer 'care' representative, and then a supervisor, and she, again, reassured me she did not know why we did not receive a phone call, and that she personally would call me either by that afternoon, or at the latest, Monday morning EST, 10/28. It is now afternoon, and still no call from anyone at Days Inn.

I cannot believe the complete disregard for the customer, the unacceptable and fake customer service, and the placating responses to customer concerns and family safety. My recommendation would be to save your money and stay somewhere that values the customer and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn North? Share your experiences!