“Mold nasty dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios

You added Crossland Economy Studios to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7910 N. Point Blvd., University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC 27106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Mold nasty dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

They need to clean it was horrible I have still not received a call back I have pictures the bathroom had mold dust and lent in towels stains on the walls and floor spider webs I will never go to that location again

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please contact me, at wsu@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this issue any further.

Again, thank you for the feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a stripped-down economy motel, but it is in a safe and attractive location and is well-managed. The rooms are clean and quiet, the beds are comfortable, and it has reasonably fast wifi. For $50 or so a night, it's hard to ask for more. The staff was unusually courteous and warm; an issues I had when checking in 11 pm to find the central reservation system had overbooked the hotel was quickly and personally resolved by the manager. Overall, a very good budget option for the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for the kind remarks. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Several different things. But for one night, I could stand the troubles. Didn't see bugs but there was other things like...hanging down exhaust fan from ceiling, no remote.Tv good and fuzzy on certain channels. But for the $$$$, it will pass.

Room Tip: The time I stayed before this one was much better. I addressed the hotel corporate office but never...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here for WSSU's homecoming last weekend. Nice staff, however the hotel was overbooked. My room smelled like smoke even though I specifically requested non-smoking. There were no extra was cloths or toilet tissue! Plus stink bugs dead & alive upon checking in. Because they were overbooked I couldn't switch rooms. The outlet behind the night stand was coming apart & looked very unsafe. The dishes in the kitchen also looked like they hadn't been washed! Doubt I stay here ever again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

the hotel staff was very professional and friendly. I enjoyed meeting them and talking to them about the area. The room was a good value and clean. The landscaping and the grounds were well kept. the kitchen area was small but worked well for my needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ok in a nutshell I was to stay at Crossland on northpoint in Winston Salem all the time. Never had no complaints. Been gone bout 6 years and the place has aged. Roaches (dead/alive) broken chairs, nasty sheets, hot refrigerator, 1 battery in remote, old school tvs with no outlet for my game. Not a good look when this use to be on of the finer hotels

• Stayed September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a Spring Break trip with my college track and field team this past March (2013). On our second night there, someone broke into our hotel room (via sliced the screen open and jumped in) and ROBBED US. Luckily, we were all out eating dinner so no one was in the room when it happened. Our iPods were stolen, clothes, my retainers (for some odd reason), and our phone chargers. Our peace of mind was totally destroyed and we were devastated. We still have not been reimbursed for our stolen property because their local management as well as corporate management is terrible. The staff was sub-par.

In addition to the robbery, the refrigerator did not get cold, they only give you two towels per room (we went down to ask for new towels... only to receive "new" towels with mascara all over them), there were holes in the bedspreads, and crumbs in the sheets. The light also did not have a cover over it, but was rather just a dangling bulb. Numerous people on the trip also noticed a cab would come by every so often and various people would go out to the cab, make an exchange, and walk away. So this hotel is most likely involved in a drug ring.

All I can say about this is this is hands down the worst hotel/motel/whatever you want to call it experience I have ever had in my life. I can deal with poor staff and a 2 star room, but when your safety is at risk that is where the line should be drawn. It is truly amazing this place is still in business. If you care about your life and the life of your loved ones, I suggest you either stay at a different hotel... or sleep on the streets. Either is a safer option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crossland Economy Studios? Share your experiences!