“Don't let the area fool ya!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios

You added Crossland Economy Studios to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7910 N. Point Blvd., University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC 27106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Winston Salem
“Don't let the area fool ya!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Ok in a nutshell I was to stay at Crossland on northpoint in Winston Salem all the time. Never had no complaints. Been gone bout 6 years and the place has aged. Roaches (dead/alive) broken chairs, nasty sheets, hot refrigerator, 1 battery in remote, old school tvs with no outlet for my game. Not a good look when this use to be on of the finer hotels

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a Spring Break trip with my college track and field team this past March (2013). On our second night there, someone broke into our hotel room (via sliced the screen open and jumped in) and ROBBED US. Luckily, we were all out eating dinner so no one was in the room when it happened. Our iPods were stolen, clothes, my retainers (for some odd reason), and our phone chargers. Our peace of mind was totally destroyed and we were devastated. We still have not been reimbursed for our stolen property because their local management as well as corporate management is terrible. The staff was sub-par.

In addition to the robbery, the refrigerator did not get cold, they only give you two towels per room (we went down to ask for new towels... only to receive "new" towels with mascara all over them), there were holes in the bedspreads, and crumbs in the sheets. The light also did not have a cover over it, but was rather just a dangling bulb. Numerous people on the trip also noticed a cab would come by every so often and various people would go out to the cab, make an exchange, and walk away. So this hotel is most likely involved in a drug ring.

All I can say about this is this is hands down the worst hotel/motel/whatever you want to call it experience I have ever had in my life. I can deal with poor staff and a 2 star room, but when your safety is at risk that is where the line should be drawn. It is truly amazing this place is still in business. If you care about your life and the life of your loved ones, I suggest you either stay at a different hotel... or sleep on the streets. Either is a safer option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stopped here with two other family members on our way back from a SC vacation. We were looking for a cheap but decent place to stay for just one night. We booked over the phone through Priceline's "Match your price" deal without reading reviews or looking at photos. I suppose we were a bit surprised that it's more of a motel than a hotel but overall we had a fine experience.

We basically checked in, slept and left, so I didn't have many encounters with the staff until after we checked out and I realized (the following day) that I had left my favorite clothing item in the room. They were pants that I had made for me in Vietnam and have some strong sentimental value so it was very important to me to get them back. After a day or two of me calling and the staff searching, they located my pants and held them there to get picked up.

It's no five-star hotel but it's a decent place to stay if you're ok with a basic room -- few amenities but also, really affordable. Our room had a small bathroom and kitchen. It was clean enough (though did have somewhat of a musty smell)... And when we checked out, the price was $20 less than we were quoted over the phone, making the grand total something like $53.00, so all in all, it's a decent place at an excellent price. Room-wise, you get what you pay for. Staff-wise, my expectations were exceeded. Thanks for finding my pants!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

It took 15 minutes to check in due to the clerk running reports. The first room smelled. The second room had not been made up, and the third room was suitable. I should have not done a hidden bid for less than a 2.5 star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the the rooms is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is ensuring that all rooms are checked on a daily basis. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsu2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I wasted my money the staff was ok but the overall experience was poor the rooms smelled the bathroom sink drain pipe was busted and ruined my clothes other guest were noisy and drinking adult beverages on the balcony I would like a refund

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was not up to standard due to a leaking pipe which damaged your clothes. Additionally, I am very sorry several other guests disturbed you during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, I have personally spoken with our maintenance department to resolve the leaking pipe issue. I will also be training our front desk staff on how to handle noise disturbances in the future to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wsu@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
East Orange
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This room was booked for me & some out of town friends who were in town for a function. I was told that all the hotels from Greensboro to Burlington into Raliegh were booked solid for a Furniture Convention. From the outside the hotel looked really nice, When I was checked into my room, the other room was for 2 grown men to stay in. I was given their room key until they arrived, 1st I was very confused as how the rooms were #, When I walked into my room, the room was very basic, one bed (that really didn't look like a double) an older model tv, a small table & chair, and a small kitchen-ette. I wasn't pleased, But I knew that this was all that was available in the surrounding areas. I went to check on the guy's room & when I finally found it b/c of the confusing # system. I opened the door and saw a room layout JUST like mine, and I immeaditely knew this was not going to work for 2 grown men,So when I went to the front desk to ask for 2 doubles because the there would be 2 grown men staying the room & that there was no way they were going to share a bed,The gentleman working the front desk (I think he was a manager) said to me in a very sarcastic way, That there were no double rooms & that one of them better get a blanket & sleep on the floor. Well when the 2 gentlemen arrived I informed them of the situation. One of them decided to get dressed in my room, We also needed an iron to press our clothes, I called down to the front desk & I was told all the irons were in use, and if one became available she would call me back..Safe to say....we never got that iron...The only positve thing was the shower, the water pressure was GREAT!!!!!, The remote to the tv didn't work, even though I was only interested in watching one thing (GO NY KNICKS!!!!!), When it was time for us to go out for the evening, one of my friends suggested that I bring my bag with me, That was code word for: We're not coming back here tonight!!!!

I also noticed that this hotel is also an extended stay for people who have been displaced for different reasons, I was on the elevator with a lady who sais she had been staying there for 6 mo. and was finally able to go home, I also noticed a man coming out of a room who was clearly homeless. So we were just there actually a few hours....enough time to shower,& change watch the Knicks/Celtics game & that was it. Glad the room was paid for by someone else. We did not return that night.

Room Tip: Only stay here unless everything else is sold out in a 20-30 mile radius
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am pleased to read your remarks about the water pressure in the shower and you being able to watch the Knicks games. However, I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a room with 2 double beds. Additionally, I am disappointed to hear you received such poor response to your request. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have expressed your comments to our team and will be implementing a plan of action to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at WSU@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Benson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

i booked this room over the phone for university park way Winston Salem they told me there was a grab and go breakfast. They didnt even have a coffee pot much less a breakfast, they would give you a pack for one cup you could do in your room then the bed was supposed to be a queen it was a double they would tell me each time that there sister hotel six miles down the road had a Continental Breakfast and they had the true queen size bed but amassing they were full the whole time we were there. This place did not have ice it did not have a phone in our room i never even seen a drink or snack machine,The sign said no pets but we seen a man come out a room with a dog.So if you only need a bed this is your place.The staff was very friendly but they have nothing to work with.We even had a granddaughter stay with us but they did not have a roll away or any thing she could sleep on except a couple of blankets.We have family in the area so we will be going back,but it will not be to this hotel

Room Tip: Hotel across the street looks nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crossland Economy Studios? Share your experiences!