“Worst ESA ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7910 N. Point Blvd., University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC 27106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #34 of 39 hotels in Winston Salem
IAD
“Worst ESA ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Many reviews here are misleading. By any standard, you should not stay here for holiday, business or something. This is the one of worst extended stay hotels I ever stayed. This is a sole top worst in the nation. I know how ESAs can be near here e.g. Charlotte or Ralegh. Room is old, dirty and smoking smell even in non-smoking room. A lot of folks stay as if they live in their apartment. Here is typical scene if you would stay here. People pay cash in front desk for their daily stay in the morning. They hang out all day in various places in this property. They pull out some chairs from their room and hang out in the garage. Sometime, they grill bbq in back of property with loud music together. So this really is for their extended stay . Don't bother to stay here for your business

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Canton, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Don't hesitate! I was sooo pleased with this room! I would definitely stay again-especially considering the price! I made a reservation but was quite concerned with what the room would be like-but was so happy with the room. I didn't give a 5 because it is a small room-but didn't spend much time in the room anyway. Service didn't get a 5 only because I couldn't check in early.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Very nice room and excellent check in .It was clean quiet,close to places to eat.Would stay again.Very good price

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We booked this months in advance, and called a few days ahead to say we would be arriving in the middle of the night. We were assured this was no problem. Finally arrived at the hotel at 1am after a 15 hour drive to find the guy at the desk can't find our reservation and has to call his manager and get help to sign us in. This takes over half an hour and we're finally given our room keys. We take a smoke filled elevator upstairs to find that the keys don't work. Three keys, and not one of them will work. My colleague goes down to tell him the key isn't working and he runs it through the machine again...it still doesn't work. I go down and tell him to come upstairs and open the door for us, he refuses! He runs the key again, and again it doesn't work, so he finally comes up to help. His master opens the door and the stink of smoke immediately comes out the door. We said we reserved non-smoking and he said he can't help it if people smoke in non-smoking rooms. I asked for a different room and he said he couldn't get us one, and that he really can't do anything about it because our room was guaranteed on a credit card. I told him it was guaranteed NON smoking and wanted a refund. At 2am, we went down to the office and waited another 30 minutes while he figured out how to refund us. The whole place looked disgusting and if it wasn't the middle of the night I would have left right away. We found a lovely Holiday Inn at 3am...they will be my first choice next time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Needed a place to stay over on our way back home and just happened on this place. I should have passed when I saw the health dept grade of 83%. It was seriously gross! There were hairs everywhere in our room. Not mine cause they were dark black with red tips. Not to mention we went out to the mall and the movies that afternoon and came back to find more hair in the sink. They were in our room while we were gone! Thank goodness we didn't leave anything worth anything in the room. There were flies in the room, the coffee maker was missing parts (doubt I'd have used it anyways), and the people at the desk weren't very curteous with myself or other guests. My husband asked about what network they were so we wouldn't use it without paying and the woman blissed him out saying she wouldn't tell him the password at all. We gave up and paid $5 for internet that I got to use less than an hour. The calling policy was insane and made little to no sense and we listened to another person at the front desk asking where the cost of long distance was posted and btw it's $0.90 a minute, bring a cell! I will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

My husband and I spent our anniversary at The Crossland hotel and we had a wonderful time there was no noise outside (it was very quiet) we was not once interrupted if we needed anything the staff was willing and ready to help. This is a very good hotel and was not expensive at all actually i think it was well worth the money. The rooms included a kitchenette stove top, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, a coffee maker, and a kitchen sink. you want be sorry if you visit this hotel.
Brandi

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
winston-salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

The extended stay hotel reminds me of section 8 housing. The rooms are not clean and it attractions some undisable people. Needs 24hr sercurity.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Crossland Economy Studios? Share your experiences!