“FAR off of I-95” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
New York
“FAR off of I-95”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We booked this hotel at the last minute. It stated it was off I-95 but it was not - all other exits had the hotels right there - this one was 6 miles off of I-95. Hotel room was ok, nothing great. There is a bordered up taco bell right next door which makes this area a lot less appealing. When we called and asked where they were located the woman who answered the phone sounded like we were bothering her. I can not say I would stay there again but it was ok for what we needed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hyattsville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I checked into the Day's Inn in the middle of the afternoon without a previous reservation. I was in Wilson for a funeral and could have stayed with relatives, but wanted a bit of freedom to come and go without distrubing my family. My room was always neat and clean when I returned each night. And each morning before I left the staff made sure everything was alright.

When i checked out I inadverdently left a pair of shoes. When I got back home I called. The manager had them and would have sent them to me, however I asked him to give them to one of my relatives who would come over to pick them up for me.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Motel in middle of town, convenient to old and newer parts of Wilson. Neat, clean rooms, with friendly, helpful staff. Fresh continental breakfast bar. This was a 3 day stay visiting family. Banks & shopping area 1 mile away, hospital across the street. This Days Inn is favored by former hometown family members, has a safe parking area. My husband arrived there not feeling and desk manager said we should call him if we needed any assistance. I appreciated that, as we are seniors. We felt comfortable there. I observed several hotel guests were there on business and hospital seminars. They have a good reputation with Wilson residents and this was our second stay in a year. Will go there next visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Phil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Nice clean rooms. Good Value for money. highly recommended

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Upstate, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

Was scared when my GPS directed me down this street but when I checked in easily and then went into the room. Wow, was amazed at how clean and new everything looked.
Checked out easily as well and they put on a very nice, very clean free breakfast with so much to offer. Pleasant staff as well. Great job guys! All at a great price too!

• Stayed May 2009
MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I have been a Priceline customer for several years and with a rare exception have always been given great rooms with at least a queen size bed, and never a smoking room. For this trip my sister-in-law also reserved a room at the same hotel through Priceline. We were shocked when we attempted to check-in and were advised Priceline had reserved smoking rooms with single beds. When we complained we were told, Priceline customers have this experience all the time at this hotel.
---
However, it was explained if we would be willing to pay an additional $15 per night per room we could receive non-smoking rooms with queen size beds. The manager went on to infer, we were lucky he was on staff that night because if a manager is not on staff then room changes are not possible. I knew this was not my prior experience with other hotels however I didn’t want to rock-the-boat given, we had no other option of a place to stay.
---
I initially refused to pay the fee at which point the manager agreed to show us the room reserved by Priceline as well as the room we would receive for the additional fees. Needless to say the Priceline room was disgusting and appeared neither fit for a paying customer nor of a quality representative of Priceline. The additional fee was paid and the next morning during breakfast in passing the manager briefly introduced another Priceline customer who had the same experience. I believe the gentleman said something like “That Priceline is terrible”.
----
While the manager was personable it appears this was a regular practice to get addition funds from Priceline customer. Additionally, on a few occasions the manager implied ownership in the property. He would say comments such as “I have to pay Priceline a fee for accepting your reservation”.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Quality
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

My sister and I stayed here while visiting family for the holidays. Rooms were clean and did not smell of smoke, furnishings were new, not old or run down, staff was friendly, free wireless internet, overall a great stay for the $60/night price tag (AAA discount). Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Wilson? Share your experiences!