“Comfort and value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Myersville, MD
“Comfort and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We only stayed one night since we used this as a breaking point for a long trip elsewhere. The decor was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They provide breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised at the variety of food offered. The staff kept the breakfast area clean and supplied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from DisneyWorld. We confirmed that we would be arriving very late and when we arrived we were informed our credit card had already been charged as we would be checking out the next morning. The friendly woman at check in offered to cancel out if I had wanted to pay with a different method. I would have liked a rollaway, but the hotel does not offer any. I have to say, it was probably the best sleep of my entire vacation: pillows, mattress, covers, room temperature were all perfect! The only downside - the alarm in the room next to us went off very very early and I guess they had already checked out (or was sleeping through it!). I hoped it would go off automatically, but it did not. After an hour I called downstairs and it was addressed within 5 minutes.

We will definitely stay here again and I will recommend to anyone making the I95 corridor trip. They lost a "star" in my rating because breakfast went until 10am, but at 9:40 the woman running the breakfast was not looking to bring out anymore eggs or fill the pancake batter machine that was empty. I popped my head in to ask a question and she quickly hid the cigarette in her hand that she was on her way outside to smoke (really couldn't wait 20 minutes and give the rest of the guests the full breakfast service they were looking for)? And I went to get more juice at 10:01 and she had cut off the juice machine. No messing around here. On a side note, my son was entertained because she spiked her 5" hair directly up and looked like Mr. Heatmiser.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This turned out to be a great hotel for a business trip. NIce, clean, breakfast was really good (eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, pastry, yogurt, hot cereals...), cookies at night. Nice business center. The only downer was that the pool was out of order and when we asked them to turn down the background music in the dining room when we were playing cards at night, they were unable to do it because it was pre-programmed.

Room Tip: Room at end of the hall was quieter during our stay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I came in from a long trip from new York and stopped in north Carolina. I really enjoyed my stay the staff was wonderful.
Front desk clerks were so kind and there was a handsome young guy that worked and he was so kind and helped me and my husband with anything we needed. Everyone is so kind. Rooms were clean and breakfast was wonderful I give them 2 thumbs and 2 big toes up. Great hotel!!

• Stayed February 2013
kutztown, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I usually don't even bother to rate interstate stops--and don't consider the "one night while driving through" places anything more than just doing their job. This hotel gives excellent service with a smile, a welcome change from the lackluster--"here's your key" attitude. We arrived shortly before 10 pm on the trip from Fla to Pa. One reason I picked this hotel was for the pool. I looked at the clock and asked about the pool--the desk person put us in a room close to the pool and said it was fine if I wanted to swim, what a change from--so sorry you're too late. In the morning the breakfast person was cheerful and helpful--even offering to make me a waffle (I have a history of hotel waffle machine disasters). Checking out the desk person again had a big smile. The room was clean and everything worked--the lobby and breakfast room were both clean and welcoming. Our "reststop coupon" was accepted with no problem.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is your typical fairfield inn. Friendly staff, very vice room and very nice breakfast. There were really no complainst except for thin walls. This seems to be usual fopr North Carolina. You can hear your neighbors- if they respect hotel standards, no problem. Would stay here again. There are many choices in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Clean, nice lobby. Not busy. Friendly desk staff. Very efficient--I reserved on web and room keys and receipt were waiting at desk. Desk called to our room to make sure we were all set.
Small room but enough for us.
Very quiet neighborhood but HVAC fan too loud to sleep with. Open the window.
Good hot breakfast (but not quite as good as Elkin, NC. was last year)
Big TV but most channels are SD and set to fat screen.
Cable has only 3 HD channels and not all are programed into TV.
Country Inn across the street had a better rate advertised on their banner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilson? Share your experiences!