“Great Stop off 95” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Stop off 95”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Driving south with family- great place for families. 2 queen beds and a pull out. Very clean and updated. Breakfast included. Staff very hospitable ! I would recommend to anyone making the north/ south trip on 95!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bloomingburg, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I called ahead and said I was going to have a late check in. When I arrived about 1am, they had the room I requested in the area I preferred.
However…we had a room with 2 queen beds in which the one closer to the A/C was literally a foot away from the unit.
Let's just say I had the coolest left leg in the room.
Too small for 2 queen beds, other than that the room was fine.

For breakfast, it's a breakfast bar included in the price. They have a waffle maker as well. When I tried to make one, I burnt my waffle batter.
The food person attendant came over (extremely nice) and interceded.
However… they began to peel and clean off the burnt batter and began using their mouth to blow off the crumbs from the waffle iron. Thats a little too down home for me. While I appreciated the help, let's just say I passed on attempting another waffle.
Good hotel, friendly people. Just need to go over some food serving procedures and adjust the beds to room ratio.

• Stayed August 2012
Indiana, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

nice typical comfort suites hotel, but the place seems to have a musty odor. there seems to be a moisture problem in the ventilation. the elevator room beside the elevator had no door, our room a musty odor, and I saw lots of water condensing from the air vents in the hall. everything else was really nice, clean room, good location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in and were charged a coupon rate. They have since added (unilaterally) some exorbitant "pet fee" ($150!!). We did not know they could arbitrarily add some fee on to this. We had our cat sleep in her carrier in our car overnight, parked in their parking lot.
We brought the carrier into our room for 10 minutes in the morning while we loaded our bags back into our car. We were not aware that they would be so crass and dishonest. I am also a Priority Gold member and have reported this motel to their program for some retribution. Would never stay there again under any circumstances. You should not either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased by everything. The rooms were large and our 2 queen + sofa bed was perfect.

The breakfast was average, but where is it ever like a home cooked meal? The location was ideal. Restaurants and shops were close by and if you needed access to I-95 it was right there.

I had some questions, changes, more questions and the manager and front desk were very helpful.
One complaint- the laundry had one washer & one dryer. The dryer took forever to dry things. I went ahead and went to the laundry mat and got it done quickly and easily.

• Stayed July 2012
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Comfort Suites is always our first choice of accomodations because it has enough room for our family of 5, plus Grandma too, who sometimes travels with us.
We have stayed in this particular Comfort Suites several times and it is only a few years old.
Friendly staff, great Comfort Suites expanded breakfast, quiet location yet right off of I-95. Great stopping point between FL and the northern states.
Doesn't look to be much around the area, but guess what... if you drive a few miles down the road into the actual town of Wilson, you are suddenly bombarded with literally hundreds of dining and shopping choices. We didn't know this until we asked the front desk!
The only thing I did not like about this Comfort Suites was the mattress on the pull out couch. It was EXTREMELY thin and cheap and poor Grandma felt springs all night. Not the kind of quality I have come to expect from Comfort Suites, especially one that was so new.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Pulled off the interstate at midnight with a three year old and had read it was a new hotel. For 70-80, we got two nice queen beds with a little sitting room, hot water with amazing water pressure, fridge, microwave, and a hot breakfast. The waffles and bacon were great, eggs were ok. Coffee was good! Only negative was the slow elevator. But there are only 4 floors so it wasn't too slow. All the staff we ran into we're nice, smiling, and telling us to have a good day.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!