“Perfect Room and Hotel for our family and right off 95” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Millersville, Md
“Perfect Room and Hotel for our family and right off 95”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is such an easy stop off 95 and was perfect for our family of 6. We had a queen suite with plenty of room. We got it with a great rate and even late in the evening. We were planing to drive thru town but the value of this stay was too nice to pass up for our tired family. Everything work out fine. We were check in easily and the staff was polite. They accommodated my family with an upgrade due to my Club Status. The hotel was clean and quite even though it was quite full. It had a diner open right across from the parking that looked nice. It even had meeting rooms and a indoor pool that we did not use. We had a great experience and a nice sleep. The only suggestion i gave the hotel was to have a fresher fruit and oatmeal at breakfast. It was a free meal so not such a big deal. I would highly recommend this hotel compared to values right across the street and we will be back.

Room Tip: Join Carlson Club
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Florence, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago so I decided to do it again especially with the huge sign on the outside of the building advertising $79.99 rooms. This was a drawing card from the competition across the street. My room was on the first floor but next to a exit door. The room was ok except the bathroom lighting was dim. Then things went down hill. Outside my window was one of the heat pumps that would run for 20 minutes then off for 10 minutes. Then the occupants next door turned their TV up to what sounded like full volume. I walked down to the front desk and told them the situation and if there was another room available. I was informed there was another room I could move to by the "trainee", which was very nice, until the senior desk clerk commented that my old room could not be occupied for the rest of the night in a tone that made me feel like I was making them lose money so that is the reason for the overall poor rating. I probably will spent the extra money and stay at the other hotel next time.

Room Tip: Always ask where the assigned room is located so not to be at an exit door, the elevators, or at the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cx_winc, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. Also, we understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise outside your room. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

Columbus, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I checked into this hotel on April 5th around 8:30 in the evening. I listened to screaming, pounding, on walls and running around in the room from the guests in the room next door; later learning that it was all kids left in the room alone while the parents were attending a wedding reception downstairs. I called the desk and they said they would take care of; some time passed and it still went on. I got dressed and packed everything back up and said I was leaving. Just as I was at the desk to check out three adults went upstairs. One came back and told me not to leave; that he would go check on the kids every 10 minutes; so what was I supposed to do between the 10 minutes? This hotel has really gone downhill since it opened. The room had a bad smell. Contacted management twice since I returned home and they had a very defensive attitude; stating that they couldn't control how many people are in a room. Will NEVER stay a Country Inn & Suites again based on all of the negative things I've heard from other reviewers.

Room Tip: Ask first if they are having a function going on; never knew they held wedding receptions in Country...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
cx_winc, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We do make every effort to keep noise to a minimum. Of course we would never
knowingly allow children to be left in a room by themselves. We were not aware that the children where going to be left in the room alone and certainly all of the children did not even belong in that room as their parents had separate rooms at the hotel. Once the situation was brought to our attention we acted quickly in getting the children to calm down then had the security officer go to locate their parents as we did not want the children left in the room by themselves either. The front desk representative made me aware of the situation as soon as she realized what was going on as she was concerned as well.

I want to express my apology for the concerns and inconveniences you encountered during
your stay with us. I have addressed this situation with my hotel staff in an effort to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites
Wilson, NC
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am writing this review just after checking in to this hotel at 1:30 in the morning after a long day of driving. I made my reservation earlier this evening from my ipad after reading several positive reviews on Tripadvisor. About twenty minutes before arriving I passed a large billboard on I-95 advertising a walk-in rate of $79.99 a night after I had just confirmed a rate of $117. When I inquired about the rate at check-in , I was told...surprise, surprise...that it would not have applied anyway....there are "exclusions". I commented that that was a pretty cheap trick since no one driving 65 miles an hour on the interstate would be able to read the fine print that mentions exclusions. The desk clerk than told me that she knew nothing about a $79 rate....someone had once told her they saw an $89 rate advertised on a billboard but she knew nothing anout it because...and I am quoting her..."I travel locally. I don't see billboards.". Too tired to argue, I took my key and returned to my car for my bags. As I returned, I LOOKED UP TO SEE A LARGE SIGN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING ADVERTISING THAT $79 RATE!!!

I do not understand why an apparently well-run motel chain would have to resort to slimy advertising strategies that can only leave customers who actually book ahead feeling like they are getting ripped off. I do not understand why The so- called exclusions were not offered to me in writing, and I certainly do not understand why I would be lied to by an employee....unless of course, that employee walks to work from behind the building!!

I probably spend 30-50 nights a year in chain motels of this type but this is my first stay at a Country Inn. The room is spacious, clean, and nicely decorated BUT I do not enjoy feeling like I have been made a fool of, and I do not o to be a return guest!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
cx_winc, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a guest satisfaction review.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We do have billboards and a banner advertising a "Special Walk-In Rate" of $79.99 with an exclusion that states "may exclude weekends, holidays and special events" in large letters directly under the rate. The disadvantage of this rate, when we are honoring it, is that we do not take reservations based on this rate. It is first come, first serve with a limited number of rooms offered at that rate. I apologize that this was not communicated to you in a more professional manner. I have addressed your concerns with our front desk team in an effort to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites
252-281-5501
Adamstown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading good reviews with the intent of a few hours of swimming for the kids and a good night's sleep. After a lot of research I booked it through Travelocity as what I thought was the lowest rate. Don't do it! The walk-in rate was $20 cheaper than that and they would not switch it since I booked through a third party. We were at least happy they had a few cookies left at the desk. We got changed into our swimsuits and were looking forward to relaxing. There was a sign on the door to the pool that the hot tub was broken. This was particularly frustrating since I actually thought to call ahead the day before and ask if the pool area was functioning and was told it was! The pool was approximately the size of six of my garden tubs from home and when my boys jumped in they immediately said "ewwwww"!!! There was hair, food and spit floating all throughout the pool! They were out and wanting a shower in 5 minutes! We snuggled in for the night but woke up with headaches. The pillows are honestly the worst we've ever experienced, uncomfortably firm and unyielding. The breakfast area had great choices, very vast, and what we did eat was good, but when we went down at 9 almost everything was out or almost out and not being replaced unless you asked. When my son asked for a donut at 9:31 (literally) he was told breakfast ended at 9:30. Just no heart. Our bathroom was not very clean. That's probably enough to alert you. We just did not have a good experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cx_winc, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am sorry that you have concerns about your experience at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson, NC hotel. Although it is never pleasant to hear when a guest is not satisfied with his or her experience, we do need to be aware of these situations. I will be sharing your comments with hotel staff during our upcoming meetings as a learning tool to help us improve our performance and provide exceptional service to our guests. We want to be able to provide our guests with the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to achieve that goal.
Moyock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for 14 weeks for training. The staff was great and very nice. I never had a problem with any of my rooms, they were always cleaned and nice. This was back in 2010. My family and I stayed here in 2011 on our way back from Florida. When I checked in I was able to upgrade at no cost. My wife was pleased by the way we were treated at checkin and how the rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Close to I-95 exit and a Cracker Barrel. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly, from the desk clerk to the housekeeping staff. The entire hotel was very ,very clean. I was having difficulty getting the computer printer to work and one of the housekeepers took time out of her busy schedule to look into it and actually corrected the problem. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson? Share your experiences!