“Sweet Southern Comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Taylor House Inn
You added Taylor House Inn to your Saves list
14 North Seventh Street, Wilmington, NC 28401   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Georgia
“Sweet Southern Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

The South is great for so many reasons: history, charm, hospitality, and eccentric characters. The Taylor House Inn offers all of these elements, complete with a fabulously knowledgeable owner with impeccable taste and sass to boot. Scott steered us in the right direction for all of our sightseeing and dining needs. His dry sense of humor kept us laughing all weekend, while his outstanding service kept us comfortable (freshly washed and ironed sheets), full (delicious homemade breakfasts and the best mint sweet tea I've ever had), and busy (maps to all of the must-sees in Wilmington.) The Love Room was beautiful and was the perfect place to spend our two-year-anniversary. I strongly recommend The Taylor House to anyone looking for some sweet southern comfort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wendell, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

The Taylor House Inn is welcoming from the time you arrive until you reluctantly leave. The owners are well versed in all things Wilmington, from the best places to eat to where the latest movies are being filmed. Breakfast is excellent and on schedule. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are sizable. The location is very close to diverse shopping and dining establishments. The front porch is a wonderful place to sit, have a glass of wine and get to know the other guests. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was my first experience staying at a Bed and Breakfast and I was very impressed. Taylor House is a beautifully maintained historic home with wonderful B&B keepers Karen and Scott. The rooms were very large and charming with each room having its own private bath ( a must for me). Breakfast was great and there was total privacy. The one thing I didn't ask about was television.....my husband and I like to cozy up and watch movies in bed but there are no televisions in the rooms (just make a mental note). The B&B is also located in walking distance of downtown Wilmington and is very reasonably priced. Overall I would totally stay again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

We stayed at the Taylor House Inn for only one night, and that is our loss as we would loved to have spent more time there and in Wlimington.
From making reservations to dealing with them as we we ran late arriving through our actual stay, the owners of the Taylor Inn were professional, helpful and in every way dedicated to making their beautiful bed & breakfast part of the great experience of visiting Wilmington. The rooms are elegantly put together and maintained, large and comfortable. The building is amazing, coming out of an era when homes of this stature were nearly majestic in the look and feel of southern spirit. Today, the Taylor Inn is dramatic in the heights of the ceilings, the attention paid to keeping everything clean and comfortable.
Our breakfast was simply wonderful -- fruit, pastries, eggs prepared perfectly and presented with style and flair. Excellent coffee, too.
Scott and Karen, who own and run the Taylor Inn so well, were extremely helpful in advising on restaurants, sights for a visitor to see and sharing the feel of the city. The Taylor Inn is right in the middle of Wilmington's most historic section. We walked to the various sites and sights that reflected the city's history -- and to the jumping restaurtant district nearby. Old mansions, churches and synagogues, the river and nightlife, it's all very close but not so close as to intrude on the quiet of the Taylor Inn's neighborhood.
This is a very nice place and is very highly recommended.

Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

My boyfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary at the Taylor House, ironically two blocks from where we were living at the time. But I felt as though I was entering another world as we ascended the steps of the large white porch and rang the bell. We were met by the very polite and helpful owner of the Taylor House, Scott, who quickly showed us to the "Love Room." The large canopy bed sat nestled between antique furniture and yards of fabric. There was (thankfully) no TV in sight. Our attached bathroom was equipped with soaps and bath products, and to my delight, a claw footed tub.
That evening we dined at one of our favorite restaurants on the river. After watching the sun set on the private balcony, we made the very short journey to the Taylor House. As it was the middle of the week, there were no other guests at the inn. Scott made us very comfortable though, offering his services and leaving us to enjoy the space. We enjoyed champagne on the first floor parlor before a restful night’s sleep.
At 9 the next morning, we were met with a fantastic three course breakfast in the formal dining room, all served by Scott himself. As he had been already tipped off, there was a selection of teas waiting at my seat, while my other half sipped coffee. Fresh fruit and cream awoke our palates, followed by a homemade selection of warm muffins with preserves and, to top it off, French toast. It was magnificent.
Overall, the experience is one I cherish. The setting was perfect (comfortable, immaculately kept and furnished with refined Southern charm). The service was amazing (Scott could have just "let us be," but he really made an effort to, dare I say, spoil us). And I would recommend the Taylor House to anyone.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Taylor House Inn for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were looking for a cozy,beautiful B&B at a reasonable price and found it here. When we arrived Karen greeted us & made us feel very welcomed. Both Karen & Scott gave us excellent advice on places to eat & things to see during our stay.
Our room (the Love room) was very beautiful & the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Breakfast was always delicious and Scott & Karen took time to add special touches here & there to make us feel pampered. We had a nice time visiting with Scott on the porch as well as other folks enjoying the Inn.
We would definately return & hope to do so again before too long. It was wonderful!!

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

This was the first time my husband and I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast and any reservation we had about them before, is out the window after this trip. Scott is a gracious host who takes very good care of the house and his guests. Breakfast was amazing both mornings we were there and I am a happy member of the "Clean Plates Club." Would stay again...(would have loved to have stayed longer).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Taylor House Inn? Share your experiences!