“Lovely House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Taylor House Inn
14 North Seventh Street, Wilmington, NC 28401   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Lovely House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Inn on Friday, July 20. As soon as we pulled up, Scott met us at the door. He is a very gracious host! Our room, Joy, was absolutely beautiful. Scott recommended a wonderful place to eat, Circa 1922, right down in the Market/Waterfront area, just a few short blocks walking distance away. We had a peaceful nights sleep and then enjoyed a wonderful breakfast the next morning. We only stayed one night, but if we have the chance to return to Wilmington, I will be for sure staying again at Taylor House Inn. Thanks Scott! M&E

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Morehead City, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much. Love all the charm the Taylor House offers. Every morning we were greeted by an amazing breakfast prepared by Scott. We look foward to our next get away.

North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This house is simply superb, exquisite even, and its location (a very easy walk to the River and all its attractions) cannot be beat. In addition, Scott's breakfasts are simply delicious, and his recommendations for things to do and restaurants to frequent are discriminating and wise.

Why then "only" 4 stars? A couple of quibbles precluded a perfect score. The A/C to our spacious and gorgeous bedroom (one of the more expensive rooms in the house) was overmatched, and so it was quite warm during our stay (on a very hot July day). And the free wi-fi only reached our room for a few minutes at a time, making staying in iPad-touch difficult.

Don't get me wrong, though -- we would stay here again during a visit to Wilmington.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
scottiejay04, Owner at Taylor House Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and honesty! We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests.
Having been in the business for many years, there are two thoughts that stand out in my mind at all times; one, are my guests comfortable and two, are they getting enough to eat at breakfast. The Taylor House Inn, built in 1905, has twelve foot ceilings on the first floor and ten foot ceilings on the second floor where the guest rooms are located. There are two air conditioning and heating units one for each floor. I realize that everyone has different body thermostats and hot and cold issues, therefore we have put in ceiling fans over each bed in the guest rooms. It is a fact that the hot days of summer in the South can be brutual; with tempertures reaching well into the 90s and with the humidity, the heat index can be well over 110 on some days. During the summer heat, we keep the air conditioning running 24 hours, we provide cold bottle water and a refrigerator for those that want to bring in their own beverages to cool down with, just outside our guest bedrooms. I am sorry that the air conditioning was an issue during your stay, I appreciate your comments, I agree with you, that 4th of July heat wave was a brutal one, we will do our best to provide a more comfortable stay for our incoming guests.
With regards to the Wifi, we have purchased a new router; who knew that routers did not have a long lifespan! Thanks for bringing that to our attention as well. Had we known of this issue while you were here, it could have been easily rectified.
cambridge ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My sister and I stay here for two nights, and loved it so much we stayed again on our return trip home. The rooms were beautiful and spacious, breakfast was delicous and filling. There was always cold sweet tea to have while you relaxed on the porch swing. it was just a walk from so many things, and a quick drive to some of the most beautiful beaches. Scott (the B and B owner) was great, when we were headed out to the beach he lent us beach towels, and all in all made us feel very at home.

I can't recommend it higher as the perfect place to stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Nienburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Coming to Wilmington my wife and I got a list of B&Bs at the Tourist Info Center (not easy to find in Wilmington, no signposting ) and chose the Taylor House Inn because of the acceptable rates. Having had a lot of B&Bs during our 4.000 mile trip through the southern USA, it seemed to be a reasonable price for a room with a Queen bed incl. breakfast. Arriving there, we were welcomed by Scott, the owner. He gives that place its special "Mana" as the hawaiians call the spiritual power of a place. Scott was very helpful to give hints for restaurants, beaches, and places in Wilmington. He also made a reservation for us in a restaurant in Wilmington. The two days there were very relaxing as the house is an oasis of style, very comfortable and amply. Each room has AC which works efficiently and very quiet. The surrounding of the house is quiet as well.
But the breakfast in the morning was so rich that you nearly could miss the lunch!
We came as guests, we left Taylor House Inn as friends.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Most of the time we enjoy the anonymity of a big hotel but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Taylor House B&B. Staying at a B&B is like being a guest in someone’s home and Scott’s gracious welcome put us at ease. The house is conveniently located just a few blocks (walking distance) from the downtown shops restaurants and bars and only a 15 minute drive from Wrightsville Beach. The room was perfect and the bed was comfortable. One thing to note is that there is no television or wireless internet in the room. And of course the best part about a B&B is the breakfast. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed meeting the other guests. Hopefully we will make it back for another visit.

, Owner at Taylor House Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your review and your kind words. Although we are an older Historic house and we prefer to consider ourselves a "getaway" destination; we are still living in modern times! We do have secure Wifi (it has a secure password) and some of our guest rooms are set up with cable for those that request in advance a television. Those that ask will receive.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

New to North Carolina my husband and I did not know where to stay in Wilmington. I was torn between being close to the beach or near the Historic District. After calling several places I eventually spoke with Scott, the inn keeper of the Taylor House Inn. Scott took the time to explain the lay out of the beaches, parking, the Historic District and the Cape Fear River. He took time to provide information to me that helped me to decide where to stay. He went well above the call of duty. Thank you Scott! I knew that my husband and I needed to be near the Historic District. We were not disappointed. We were very pleased with the Inn and Scott's welcome. Again, Scott took the time to welcome us and give us wise advise on where to dine. Again he guided us well as we enjoyed a phenomenal french dinner at Caprice Bistro. What I enjoyed about Scott was that he gave us a lot of great information enabling us to make a good choice. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was FANTASTIC!! We are very picky so when I say that it was great, I mean it. We can not wait to return. Thank you Taylor House Inn! Sincerely, Craig & Andrea

Room Tip: We were in the JOY room.