“Good.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Wilmington

You added Red Roof Inn Wilmington to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Wilmington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5107 Market Street, I-40 Exit US-17, Wilmington, NC 28405   |
Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Matthews, North Carolina
“Good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We needed a place to book at the last minute in peak beach season. WIth our AAA discount, this was the most budget friendly and not far from the beach. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. Yes, it was dated and yes it could use some basic upgrades throughout the hotel(commercial upgrading for consistency, not "handy man special" upgrading).
They offered a basic breakfast. We weren't relying on the breakfast to make our stay but it gave us a quick meal. We had 4 families with 8 kids. CEREAL DOES THE TRICK and buys us some time before feeding the kids again.
We were a little disappointed that the pool closed at 9pm PROMPTLY on a Saturday nite. The 8 kids were hard to occupy after that.
The staff was very helpful, the girl at the Front Desk extended pool hours on Friday nite for us, but she wasn't there on Saturday. The housekeeping staff gave us extra towels and were friendly.
Our microwave didn't work, but we had a big in-room refridgerator. Wi-Fi was down due to "vandalism".
We weren't expecting luxurious suite. We wanted a clean place to sleep and shower. We spent a huge portion of our day at the beach anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Most Red Roofs have had at least some updating in the past 20 years. Not this one. No desk and no convenient outlets for business travelers. The toilet ran constantly until we turned the water off and had to turn it on every time we flushed. The sink was plumbed backwards. The handle was broken on the shower as was the face on the alarm clock. You couldn't tell what time it was. The air conditioning was so cold I finally turned it off. Even with it set on the warmest I couldn't control the temperature. Overall the worst Red Roof I've seen in years. Definitely do not recommend. If we hadn't prepaid our room we wouldn't have stayed.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Im not sure where everyone else was sleeping, our room was perfect! Clean comfortable and no complaints. Beds are soft, , Everything worked. Staff was very helpful with adequate truck parking and motel is located by many great restaurants. Also we had no pet charge, the other motels were asking 25.00 and up. Very happy we stayed will return .

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Clinton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband, granddaughter and I stayed one night over the Memorial Day weekend. It was a last minute decision so we took what they had available. We were a little reluctant because of all the reviews I had read about roaches. I sure didn't want to take any home but I booked the room anyway. The room was cleaner than I expected and thank God we didn't see any roaches. We were right in front of the pool which was excellent but the horrible smell that was in that room. A mixture of stale cigarette smoke and oldness. It felt like every time I took a deep breath I was going to gag. We were suppose to stay the entire Weekend and check out on Monday but I just didn't want to deal with staying here another night. We packed up and went home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was memorial day weekend and there were no other hotels available. Otherwise, I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. We got one of the "newly renovated" rooms. It was terrible. By newly renovated, they meant they slapped a coat of paint over the scarred, moldy walls and replaced the furniture and carpet. The mirror was peeling, the ac stank, and the bathroom cabinets were disgusting. The staff was very polite and helpful. Other than that one good point, this was a total bust.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good price and good location, but that's all. The housekeeping staff was worthless. They didn't even empty the garbage. One reeked of alcohol. We killed a few cockroaches. The lady at the desk was friendly enough and the coffee was potable. Avoid this one if you have a choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I needed to stay in a budget hotel while I was in the area for business. I had stayed at a really really nice Red Roof Inn in the Raleigh area. Unfortunately I assumed that this would be comparable. The lobby was fine. The first front desk receptionist was also great. Once I put the key in the door though it went down hill from there. The phone didnt work in the room so I had to call the front desk with my cellphone
To ask for towels. I was promised someone from maintenance would fix the phone: never done. I got bit by some kind of bug 4 times during my stay. My right arm is swollen with blisters from the bite. The air conditioner didnt work. There was mildew in the bath tub. The last night of my stay the room wasn't serviced and I had no clean towels because they only brought one bath towel and washcloth the
Day before. Very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Red Roof Inn Wilmington? Share your experiences!