“OK but bad front desk experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #29 of 43 hotels in Wilmington
Durham, North Carolina
“OK but bad front desk experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have a dog and finding a decent pet friendly hotel in Wilmington is tough. So I was happy to find a comfortable bed and a pet friendly room with a low pet fee that didn't smell. Great front desk experience checking in.

Unfortunately, this morning after i found the giant cockroach on the wall, I called the front desk to let them know and the girl's response was, "What do you want me to do about this?" Then she told me they have a contract with an exterminator. um, ok, but how does that help me right now.

I realize this stuff happens but a little more sympathy and maybe some offer of sending someone over to do something about it would have been nice. As it was, it ran under the AC unit (which had dust all around on the carpet) and I checked out at 7 a.m. instead of noon, forgoing my beach trip for the morning.

When i checked out the sullen front desk person glared at me when I pointed out to her manager that that question wasn't the best response to a guest calling in about giant cockroach.

Maybe avoid the first floor rooms.

The place still gets three stars and would have gotten four until this morning. It doesn't deserve four (armchair covered in stains, beaten up furniture) but like i said, when you're traveling with pets you lower your standards. Oh well. Probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a second floor, I'm convinced it would be less buggy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize to you for the experience that you had at our hotel, which I can assure you,is not typical. I want you to know that I have spoken with the front desk clerk and she is very aware of the negative impact that she has caused. Our service at our hotel is the one thing that we are extremely proud of to have for our guests. I am sincerely sorry that you received such poor service from her. Being new to our staff, she simply had to be made aware of how we handle our guest's issues. Again, my sincere apologies, and I hope that you will return to us again!
The Baymont Inn Staff

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Belton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Your hotel is dirty, shabby, smelly, and overall in poor shape.Pillows were like sleeping on bits of nothing. Bought my own comet. Bathroon was disgusting. mold., floor, and carpet, were beyond dirty. Rude male employee when I complained. Best part was, 2 men urinating in the outside shower, in front of my kids, and spitting there tobacco every where. Called the G.M. and told him all of this, and he hung up on me. Yes sir, hated our stay in wilmington, hated the Baymont even worse. Sad fact, all hotels were full because of local graduations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We deeply apologize to you for any inconvenience at our hotel. I must tell you that your experience is not one that happens very often and we try very hard to assure our guests have a great stay. We truly do care about our guests and are very sorry that you were unhappy. We wish you safe travels and hope that you have a wonderful summer. Again, our sincere apologies.
The Baymont Inn Staff

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington? Share your experiences!