“Mixed bag” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Atlanta, Georgia
“Mixed bag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I found it curious that the office was at the rear of the hotel, where, in my mind, there should have been quiet guest rooms. Instead, some of the rooms were closer to the street and thus, more noisy than needed be. We checked in and found that we could not get cold water for more than a minute at a time because HOT water came out of the "cold" tap, as well as the hot tap. Because of that, we had concerns about the quality of the water and when we approached the clerk on desk duty, we were met with indifference to our concern. Fortunately, we had a gallon size Igloo jug with us and we filled it with water from their lobby water cooler as the tap in their breakfast room had the same problem. We stayed away from the ice machine, which was inconvenient, but we didn’t want to risk getting sick on our trip. (Better safe than sorry is our motto.) Every day, twice a day we went to the well, as I called it. Other than this worrisome problem, we enjoyed our stay of two nights. The location was good, fairly quiet and the rate was very reasonable.
When we left we left a note for the manager for when they returned to duty. (That did bother me that there wasn’t anyone with authority there during our stay.) When we got around to checking our email, there was a note of apology and a partial refund on our charge card, which went a long way in making up for the inconvenience.
I would definitely run the water a while before checking in here again, and if it has been corrected, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you again as a valued guest at our property. Earlier in an email to you, I had explained that we had our boiler system worked on and that may have been the issue at hand. I am very sorry for any inconvenience to you. I am very glad that you found our hotel to be satisfactory except for the water issue at the time and that we handled your inconvenience properly. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again!
The Baymont Inn Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I wish there was a rating higher than excellent! This hotel deserves an awesome rating! I love staying here! The staff are excellent, the pool is so nice and serene, the breakfast is delicious, the rooms are very clean and big, and the location is excellent! The prices are very affordable, and they even allow pets! I appreciate the fact that the rooms that allow pets are on a seperate floor. That way you will not be in a room that once had pets. It is very quiet at Baymont, and any time we go to Wilmington, we stay here.

Room Tip: Reserve on-line and check- in is a breeze!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
First, please allow me the opportunity to thank you tremendously for your continued patronage! Also, our staff is thrilled to have read your comments, which have been posted on their "kudos" board. They simply try to go above and beyond to ensure that you are taken care of! I am so happy with this review, especially reading it at the end of a tough work week! Thank you so very much from each and every staff "family" member, here at the Baymont Inn. We hope to see you again soon, and upon your return, notice the "stars" on our staff's name tags...as you were instrumental in their receiving them!
Thank you once again and have very safe travels in your future!
Dale and the Baymont Inn Staff
pisc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

we recently stayed here and were a little hesitant after reading some reviews;
we were very happy ....only negative was a chair in the otherwise good room that h ad a bad tear in the arm and stain. the staff was just wonderful from the evening , night and day staff....
breakfast had a great assortment and the server was so nice.
just shows you cant always go by negative reviews..... thank you for a quiet room and for the extra cover (we are old and prefer a lot of covers to a warm room)...we would come again.

Room Tip: loved the third floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
What a wonderful review of our property! We are very pleased that you were "pleasantly surprised" at our service. Our staff truly is a very caring and hard-working staff. I am so glad that you found our breakfast and our breakfast attendant to your liking! We appreciate your kindness and hope to see you again soon!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great staff made me & my mom feel like family as soon as we walked in the door from the reception " Nicole" to the housekeepers & everyone associated with the hotel ! There rooms are spacious and very clean thanks to the housekeeping staff they have "Supervisor of housekeeping Laura" ! Stephanie , Shorty , Debra , Nola , Diana , Mrs Sue and all the other housekeepers I didn't get to know all there names !! They also have a great breakfast ! The best pet friendly hotel in wilmington & prices are very reasonable !! Will stay there in future vacations !! THANKS BAYMONT STAFF

Room Tip: I prefer 2nd floor level!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Special Guest,
I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful your review has made our staff feel today! I posted your comments on the staff's "kudos" board and preceded to pass out the "shining stars" for name tags. A simple gesture, yet, we all need that "pat" on the back to know we are doing a good job every now and then. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Being family owned and operated, I must say that we truly feel that our staff and our guests are an extension of our family! We look forward to your next visit with us! Safe and Happy travels to you!
Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I visited Wilmington for my birthday weekend on January 26th and as always my stay was very pleasant. I have stayed at Baymont every year that I visit Wilmington and each time seems to get better. I stayed on the third floor, the room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and there was no noise distractions. Breakfast is always great because it offers a wide range of things most hotels do not offer like sausage biscuits, hard boiled eggs, and a waffle maker just to name a few. I will definitely be staying at this Baymont again when I visit Wilmington.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
What a wonderful way to start out our February, with a shining review from you!!! Thank you so much from our entire staff! We are so glad that we could play a small role in your birthday weekend celebration and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
The Baymont Inn Staff

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington? Share your experiences!