“Our Baymont Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
SYOSSET
“Our Baymont Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have always loved staying at this hotel, especially with our dog. The people at the front desk and Ajay at breakfast are very friendly and helpful. Very convenient to UNCW. Great breakfast. Only downside is that the air conditioner was very noisy and disturbed our sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for returning to our property to stay! Being family owned and operated and pet lovers as well, we are always happy when our Baymont Family members come back to stay with us! As our VIP guest, we are glad you can travel with your much loved pet. I am very sorry that the AC unit was noisy. We are in the process of having our maintenance go around and service some of those units that are difficult to get to during high time. We just want to say a special thank you and hope to see you soon in the near future!
With best regards,
Your Baymont Family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
GASTONIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good location and price - Air conditioner rattled a bit, other than that nice room. Overall good value!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for commenting on our hotel. Yes, we definitely are in a very good location in Wilmington. Being centrally located to many area attractions is a plus in our favor! We appreciate you staying with us. I apologize to you that the ac unit was rattling a bit. Thank you for alerting us to the issue as well, so that we may have the opportunity to fix the problem. Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future!
Best Regards,
SPRING LAKE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Thanks to the Baymont Inn for a wonderful first stay at the Wilmington location. I had to change the reservations at the last minute and the night auditor was very cooperative.

We had to change rooms and Cecelia was more confident in her ability to accomodate my church family.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I love the pool area even though I didn't get to use the pool. It is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
First, allow me to genuinely thank you for taking the time to write a response on our property. Also, on behalf of our hard-working staff I would like to extend a thank you for your wonderful comments! We are simply blessed to have the staff that we have! You will find that everyone on our staff really cares, and tries very hard to make sure our guests have a great stay! Cecelia recieved a "kudos" and star for her helpfulness. Thank you for brightening our day!
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The people at this hotel were VERY nice. I was there chaperoning a high school cross country team. The continental breakfast was fine - just what the teens needed to fuel up before the race and the coffee was wonderful. My king, nonsmoking room on the first floor was REALLY musty and damp. It literally stunk. There had been a LOT of rain in the days prior and I'm almost wondering if my room had flooded. It was really wet and smelly. I didn't bother complaining as I knew that they were sold out. One of the girls' rooms didn't have a working toilet. (They didn't tell me - I would have made sure that got fixed and I'm certain the hotel staff would have also.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
First, please let me apologize to you for the mustiness of the room. I deeply apologize to you for the humidity in the rooms. Every year in the months of August and Sept., especially when it rains, it is difficult on our exterior rooms. I am very sorry for this. Thank you for the wonderful comment concerning our staff, we try very hard and hope that you will come back to us in the future. Our third floor interior rooms are not as affected by the weather. Again, I apologize to you for any inconvenience.
Best Regards,
The Baymont Staff
BURLINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I travel to the Wilmington area every September and always stay at the Baymont. The staff work hard to offer great service. They did this several years ago when I was a parent chaperone for a high school cross country and on a recent stay when a member of the housekeeping staff came after us to return an item inadvertently left in the room.

Dear Guest,
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you very, very much for your comments concerning our staff and our property! We are so glad that we were able to provide accommodations for your team again! Being family owned and operated, we are extremely interested in your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return next year!
RIDGEWAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Everyone was helpful and very nice. The only tip would be to have pets on one side only of the Inn. That way it doesn't bother others who don't have pets. The room was clean. We loved the handicap bathroom. Perfect for our needs.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dale S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your comments concerning our hotel. Being family owned and operated, we take each and every guest's comments to heart and want to make sure that your stay is an enjoyable one! Thank you very, very much.
As a pet-friendly accommodation, we wish we could do as you suggested; however, the way that the room types are situated, as well as our ADA rooms in the building does not allow us the ability to do so. But thank you very much for your suggestion. We value your opinion as our guest. Thank you again, and we hope to see you next time you are in Wilimington!
The Baymont Staff
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Several years ago, when I had a son at UNC-Wilmington, I stayed at the Baymont quite a bit because of the value and cleanliness. The biggest problem I had back then and with my recent visit is that no one seems to check the refrigerators before guests check in. The first time I stayed there, I had to change rooms 3 times to get one with a refrigerator that was not frozen up and the very same thing happened again this time. It has been 2 or 3 years since I stayed there the last time and apparently things had not changed. I mean how hard is it for the maids to check and see if the fridge is frozen up before a guest checks in or how hard is it for the manager to tell housekkeeping supervisor to make sure it is checked.before a guest checks in. This should be part of their routine and the evening clerk acted as if she could care less about my problem and never offered to do a thing about it, so I had to unplug it, turn it off and defrost it myslef. all she offered to do was to give me some towels to soak up the water with. Once is was defrosted, it worked just fine and this is my biggest complaint about this motel.

Dear Guest,
First, let me deeply apologize to you concerning the issue with your refrigerator again. I am so very sorry that this had happened to you. In the past, we simply relied upon our house keeping staff to note that a refrigerator was in need of defrosting; however, I want to let you know that we are now taking this a few steps further. Each housekeeper has been notified to note whenever we have one that needs tended to, as well as a check from our Head Housekeepers. That list then is handled by a facility person in order to take care of the situation. (This will be one of his daily check off's on his duties) I can promise you that we are going to remain on top of this. As a valued guest at our property, we want to ensure that your stay with us remains a great one! Thank you so much for alerting us to this issue and we apologize to you once again. We hope to make your next stay with us an enjoyable one.
The Baymont Inn Staff

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Wilmington? Share your experiences!