“Just okay for me” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Just okay for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Good rate at this hotel. The room was clean, with the exception of brewed coffee still in the coffee pot (I don't use the in-room coffee makers anyways). Nice LG flatscreen, microwave and fridge.

I could see daylight coming in under and from the sides of the door to the exterior which allowed plenty of sound to come in from the exterior ...car doors shutting, cars driving up, I could easily hear the conversations of people talking outside. I would recommend getting a room on the top floor to cut down on some of this. I'd probably stay there again for the rate.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second level to cut down on exterior noise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mint Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last May, so we decided to stay there again. Once again, we were very pleased. This is a great hotel for the cost. The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless, coffee and condiments were delivered every day as were fresh towels, etc. The room was quiet. We like this hotel because it is in a great location. It allows easy access to many restaurants, attractions, beaches, etc. There are several restaurants and stores within walking distance. There is an on-site restaurant. We ate dinner there one evening. The food is reasonably priced, but we found that it was not very tasty. We tried breakfast and enjoyed the breakfast menu. We plan to stay here again when we visit the Wilmington area again.

Room Tip: The hotel does allow pets (we did not travel with pets). On both visits, we were on the side of the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Rockingham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

stayed for 2 nights. had a problem with key card and had to get replacement (had locked the 'working' one in the room). had a problem with toilet flushing at 2am, front desk brought a plunger w/in a few minutes of call. other than that, no problems. there were some loud neighbors and we traveled w/ pets. at 3am dogs will bark when something loud wakes them up, so we tried keeping them quiet but it was hard a time or 2! parking lot VERY well lit at 2am as well. reserved a 2 bed, but told them I would take a 1 bed if necessary due to pets and availability. room was large enough for 2 large crates and still had room. bathroom was clean. a/c was on heat when we came in and it really didnt cool down as much as I'd like, except at night. we left it on high cool all day and it wasnt any cooler when we returned than when we left. were in room 239 facing pool and setting sun. overall nice place, quiet, good access to restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: a room away from pool side may provide better cooling w/ ac
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I usually stay at nicer hotels, but since it was summer at the beach, I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I was pleasantly surprised with the Days Inn Wilmington. My room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond to get me the room I wanted. The motel is pet friendly so I was able to bring my dog with me. The only complaint was there were some rowdy guests outside our room, but the manager was prompt in taking care of before I ever needed to complain. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here for two nights, and was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice, spacious and very clean. I was worried about the bathroom, since I've seen some filthy ones in other cheap hotels, but this one was spotless and was cleaned daily. Comfy bed, nice TV, fridge and microwave. Guests seemed to be mainly families, and I felt perfectly safe there as a female staying there alone.

A/C unit was a bit noisy, and if you need a quiet room during the day for some reason, try to get one that's not facing the pool.
The staff at the front desk was very friendly, I locked myself out of my room 5 minutes after I arrived and they were very nice about it.

The location has it's ups and downs, Market Street is pretty industrial/strip-mall like, but has plenty of hotels and restaurants. It's very close to I-40 and the direct road to Wrightsville Beach, probably takes about 10-15 minutes to get there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

So, I took a couple days to do some stuff in Wilmington, NC and the best bang for my buck and near where I was going seemed to be the Days Inn. I only stayed one night, but I have to say I was impressed. Check-In was very simple and easy, and the lady who checked me in was VERY helpful and very nice. My room was right next to the pool. So there was a little bit of noise up until 9, but I loved my view of the pool. The room had a bit of a smell to it, but that was my only complaint. A ton of TV channels, though some were doubles. Bathroom was really tiny, but the bed was a good size.

The shower head was very odd. It felt like someone took a fire house and was just pouring it on me. It felt very good when washing my hair, but stung my body. It didn't look like there was anywhere to adjust the settings either.

I had bought a microwavable meal for myself but forgot a fork. I went to the check in desk, and the restaurant gave me plastic fork and spoon. Thought that was very nice.

Nice restaurant, but I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food.

I had a working sink, shower, microwave, TV, and fridge. I stayed for a night & I was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I work for a Days Inn in another state. We were pleased with our stay at this property. While it is an older facility, it is nicely maintained and clean. I think most people don't mind that a hotel is not new, but cleanliness is very, very important; we had no problems here.

The staff are nice and friendly. Good value for the rates charged. Convenient location.

We'll stay there again; recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Wilmington Market Street? Share your experiences!