“Not bad...not great, but good for what I paid!” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Wilmington Market Street
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5040 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405   |
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Not bad...not great, but good for what I paid!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here one night with my sister and brother-in-law. We had booked separately and the front desk was very helpful in trying to get our rooms close to one another, the guy wasn't quite successful, but he did try his best and we were appreciative. They also allowed us to do a late checkout which was nice for my sister and brother-in-law because they like to sleep in. The bed was fine for me, not soft at all, but with recent back problems I think it helped me. For my sister and her husband, it did the opposite, my sister even had to see her chiropractor because her back hurt so bad after sleeping on their bed. We didn't use the pool, though we were right by it. The location is great because it's close to everything. I loved that they had a flat screen tv and a microwave and mini fridge, that was AWESOME! The room was clean, no frills, overall, I was satisfied (though I can't say the same for my sister & bro-in-law). If you're just looking for a place to crash in between visiting downtown and the beach, this is a good place to stay and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel when visiting Wilmington for 2 days. The hotel was very clean and comfortable with the room located away from the road and opposite the swimming pool. It was ideal for a short stay being located on the main road into Wilmington and at a really good price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
atlanta, georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed one night on the way to Ocracoke on the Outerbanks of NC. The room was clean, beds were ok. It was quiet and served its purpose. We had no problems with the room or service. They allow pets and have an exercise area in the back of the property to walk the dog.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
rotherham,england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We had a good stay here but abit of confusion at check in,it was my fault though because I had used our reward points for the first night then booked two more nights on the web site but a different type of room,when we got to the room we could hear a loud sound of running water that was very annoying,we contacted the front desk and they sent the maintenance guy came had a look round but could not found anything but after 40 minutes it stopped,it turned out to be someone upstairs having a shower?,we later had a message to say that we would hear anybody above flushing the toilet or running a shower and after that things were OK.Jennie on the front desk was always very knowledgeable and helpful about the area and where to go for the sites.Jeanettes Restaurant was good for breakfast but abit slow serving.Apart from the start of our stay things were OK.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently went to Wilmington this past weekend for a nice getaway from "life". We've been a couple times in the past year and usually stay at the Baymont Inn (which I really like). This time around we decided to stay at the Days Inn to save money. For the most part it was decent. It's an older hotel so it's not in pristine condition, but I didn't really expect it to be. The walls had a few holes that had been recently patched up but were not re-painted over so that was a bit of an eye sore. Some areas along the baseboard and on the carpet where stained and run down looking. The bathroom was in nice condition though. I will say however, that our toilet did clog the next night and overfilled completely in the bathroom and spilled into the carpet on the outside. It was gross. We had to get a plunger to take care of it and use every towel available to mop it up. The only other issue we encountered were some guys outside of the hotel room yelling and carrying on and hanging out. It only lasted a short time and didn't go on through the night so it was easy to deal with.

Other than that, it was cheap, we were only there for two nights and it was doable. I've stayed in worse (unfortunately) so compared to that, it was okay. Would I stay there again? I'm not sure. If we were trying to save money, definitely because the price was great.

Room Tip: Location! It's essential!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is pretty much your typical Days Inn room. Good amenities--fridge, microwave, iron, coffee maker. Clean enough, but...
Our biggest complaint was that the "nonsmoking" room had clearly been a smoking room for a long time. The scent was entrenched in the room, and bothered us every time we entered.
The pool looked extremely clean and was even open--and it was February!
The location is central, but you still need to drive to get to the downtown area. However, a taxi ride there will run you only about $10. The hotel is also about a 20 min drive to Wrightsville Beach. No free breakfast, but there is a Dunkin Donuts across Market Street.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

AOK, helpful staff, but paying an extra day proved complicated

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Wilmington Market Street? Share your experiences!