“Good Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dow, IL
“Good Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a party of 12 and the restaurant gave us exceptional service. The waiter was great and his suggestions helped tremendously. The quality of the food was good as usual.

Visited August 2013

Southport, North Carolina
“Terrible Service... Average Food...Dirty.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Let me start by saying we have always been a fan of Olive Garden and have been to this location many times. We visited on August 19 at around 2pm. We were greater promptly by the hostess who happliy met our table preference without any wait. Our table however looked as though it was barely clean and still had food on the floor underneath. It wasn't a huge deal to us because we came with our 2 small kids who most likely would make a mess themselves. Our waiter Michael came right over and mumbled something about the menu and walked away. After 5 minutes he returned to take our drink order. We asked about the never ending pasta special which was our reason for this visit and he said he would have to find that menu. Another 5 minutes and he returned with the drinks but no menu. We had an idea of what we wanted so we ordered. Our soup, salad and bread sticks took about 10 minutes for him to bring out and were followed by our appetizer within minutes. We felt a bit rushed but with little kids sometimes that can be good. After that I don't know what happened. 20 minutes went by before our meals were brought out by someone else. She was attentive to notice all our drinks were emptied and said she would send over our waiter. When he finally came around in a few minutes he sat own the check and mints and walked away. No drinks refilled and we had just started our meals. We definitely didn't get to experience anything remotely close to never ending pasta. A lot later he came and asked if we needed something. We said refills on our drinks and pasta. He looked extremely annoyed. Maybe his shift was almost over but my guess is he hates his job. It took so long for the refills to come that as soon as he sat them down we asked boxes to go. He wasn't pleasant, friendlyor attentive. THe dining area and bathroom were dirtier than I have ever seen there before. That explains the 92.5 health score. I won't be going back. Carrabas is right across the street. It is comparable in price to olive gardens regular menu items but the food quality is substantially better, there is a much nicer atmosphere and always exceptional service. You will have a much better dining experience there. I will not be back to this olive garden.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shreveport, Louisiana
“late night surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our waitress, Maria, was the best waitress we have ever had. We were there on August 5 about 4 pm. The food was good, place was clean.

Visited August 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Not a great experience for us first timers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had my reservations about ever going to an Olive Garden and if I had not received a gift card - I never would have. The staff at the front desk greeted us warmly and we quickly sat down. Drinks, water etc came quickly. We opted for the 2 for $25 menu as there were entrees on that menu that we both wanted to try - my husband chose the Tuscan Chicken, I, the Shrimp Vesuvio. The salad and breadsticks arrived very quickly and right on their heels - the appetizers, bruschetta and calamari - average. We didn't even have a chance to finish the appetizers and the entrees arrived...really poor planning on behalf of the waitress and/or kitchen - nothing like feeling rushed through dinner! Sadly, both of our "pastas" were severely over cooked - like mush. My husband decided his was ok enough and ate his dinner - the chicken was nicely flavored. My shrimp dish was so disappointing that I asked for the manager - he came over, I told him about the pasta, he offered to get a new one which I accepted. Sadly, the new one, with a different pasta, was equally over cooked. I decided to just let it go and eat what I wanted and leave the rest. The shrimp by the way, were very small shrimp like the ones you can buy at Walmart in the frozen section - a total disappointment! The flavor was ok - not great. When the manager came back to ask about the replacement dish, I told him it was not much better than the first and asked if they ever cook pasta "al dente", he said they do...I expressed a sad look on my face cause mine was very well done. To his credit though, he asked if I wanted anything else - he would get it - I declined and thanked him. When the check arrived, to our surprise, the manager had waived one entree and dessert, which I thought was a very nice gesture. I may go back and try it again, but it would not be my first choice sadly...

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent service and a great menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped here for dinner one night and it did not disappoint. Everything you expect from Olive Garden and our server was fantastic!

Visited June 2013