“Great craft brews & atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 557 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: We are Southeastern NC's only Microbrewery-Restaurant. We specialize in made from scratch dishes at affordable prices. We brew our own beer and have FREE Brewery Tours between 3 & 5pm Daily (the tour takes about 20 minutes) and have a free beer tasting as part of the tour. We serve FULL menu until MIDNIGHT seven nights a week.
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great craft brews & atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Huge fan of microbreweries and the quality that they serve up and this was another great example of these characteristics. Craft beer was great, I tried several styles over the course of my stay. Also has nice bar food, had a great burger. They also have several menu items paired with beers to enhance your dining experience.

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm a big fan of microbrews, so on our trip to NC this summer, I did not want to miss out on the opportunity to sample some of Wilmington's own. I was not disappointed, in the beer or the food...or the atmosphere. The brewery is a pub and grille, located in downtown Wilmington, which is itself a very picturesque town, the type of town that is great to just walk around, enjoying the scenery. The staff was very friendly, which is impressive considering how crowded they were when we arrived. I was advised that the wait could be 30-40 minutes; No problem, it gave us the perfect opportunity to sample a few of their brews, via their 5 oz. samplers, while we waited to eat. Eventually we decided the atmosphere at the bar was so good that we'd rather remain their to eat. The building has an old fashioned style, a lot of wood and dimmer lights. The bar itself is one of those huge, ornate wooden slabs of wood that takes up most of the wall -- very nice. They of course have several televisions with games on and the usual hustle and bustle of any popular happy hour spot. The bartenders were attentive and our food came out fast. The food is typical pub fare; burgers, ribs, nachos, etc. The pretzel-encrusted chicken sandwich was even better than I'd hoped! Their beer was truly the highlight of the offerings though. I highly recommend getting a sampler to determine your favorites, then after narrowing down your favorites, move on to their big brothers.....and then walk home or call someone to pick you up!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
resalesally
“Best Onion Rings and Crafted Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our first visit to Wilmington, NC while looking at colleges.
Coming from Asheville, aka "beer city" I was delightfully surprised at not only the offerings of beer but also the complete and articulate descriptions. I really wanted to try a flight, but as we were visiting colleges, I ordered a dark german ale. It has ousted HG black mocha as my new favorite dark beer. I wish I could have taken a growler or two home.

The Bacon Blue Cheeseburger was delish and cooked to our liking, a HUGE portion of onion rings were lightly battered and served with a ranch style dressing, also wonderful.

Hoping my daughter chooses UNCW so I can visit again soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

great service (waitress), great food. happy hour apps can't be beat. Not our first visit, won't be our last. If I had any criticism it would be the hostess. They were busy talking among themselves when we walked in and the way they greeted us we felt like we were interrupting. The hostess is the first person you encounter walking in so they could be a little bit more welcoming/inviting. The waitress soon made up in welcoming/friendliness factor though. She was great. And the fried beer dough bites were addicting.

Milwaukee, WI
“Great Beer Selection, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited for lunch with the kids and found the food to be rather average and the portions small. My wife and I had salads and the kids had a grilled cheese and a hotdog. While the salads tasted good the portion size was very small, despite ordering the supposed full-sized version. There was a good variety of home brewed beer to choose from, and the one I chose had good flavor. It's a nice place to stop at, especially if you want to sample a few different brews in a great old building, but the food isn't anything special.