“very good tour” 4 of 5 stars

Clayton, North Carolina
65 attraction reviews
“very good tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I we love ghost tours and this was a good one, the guide was very good and enjoyed his job, we made 5 stops around the downtown area, it took about 90 mins. He gave good info about each site. the only draw back is a couple that started smoking around stop 3, and he didn't stop them, so we had to smell it.

Charlestown, Indiana
41 attraction reviews
“walking information”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

we walked to about four locations and some stories were interesting but did not think the story teller got into the "tales" as much as I would have liked. He seemed disinteresting in it like just another day on his job. Did still enjoy it though

Chester, Maryland
25 attraction reviews
“Okay but not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our guide did a good job and was an excellent storyteller. I am very interested in history and would have preferred more succinct stories rather than a few long-winded ones. For $13 for adults, $11 for students, this was pricey for our family of five. The cost isn't justified for a 90-minute walk with a few stories.

Greensboro, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
“First Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The tour guide was informative and a good speaker but did not ask for any questions from the group.I am still skeptical about some of the things that were mentioned but some were were pausible.I did not realize that Rev. General Cornwallis (Greensboro connection) was very ruthless about the treatment of his prisoners.Some of the tales were gory and yechy!At the end ,she gave a coupon voucher for some Wilminghton businesses.For the average tourist,I find it to be OK.Be sure to use the bathroom( at the Riverfront ) before you go because for there no potty breaks, and bring youself some bottled water for a drink and/or to cool down , I went with 3 kids (with me being 60) going on the 8:30 tour .At the end ,the kids(12,13,16 yrs. old got a little mischevious because after so long ,their attention began to wane for one kept wainting for someone to jump out and frightened them which did not happen.One does wonder about their safety when going in back alleys and the such.We did pass some pubs on the opposite side of the street but nothing out of hand (This Time).It was a good tour.My son has said that he saw a drunk man in the fenced in cemetery that the tour guide was showing us.we were on the other side on the fence.They do offer a tour at 6:30.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Although we saw no "activity" on our walk, we found the old ghost stories and history of Wilmington very interesting. The stories were scary or spooky (much to my children's disappointment). Be prepared-it is a lot of walking. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.

Visited June 2013