“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 570 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Bakeries
Dining options: Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Description: The Peppered Cupcake is a gourmet cupcakery. Our mission is to provide even the most sophisticated palette with creative, exciting, irresistible, gourmet cupcakes that will give a whole new twist to the cupcake concept. Each of our gourmet cupcake recipes are baked fresh and from scratch daily using fresh ingredients. Off the hook! Our slogan is what inspires us to think outside of the box when it comes to our next creation. We are constantly inventing and reinventing our recipes to please our sophisticated Foodies. Our cupcakes are unique combinations inspired by some of our favorite dishes. Some sweet, some savory, some a combination of both. Southern influences have also made an impact by incorporating a Southern flare into some of our cupcakes such as the Sweet Tater & Molasses with pork cracklings. We also use liquors and liqueurs and sometimes they make it into the cakes;) Need we say more?
Gainesville
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I got the Shock-a-lata cupcake, which was closer to a brownie-style with ganache icing. It was to die for. Lots of variety in the choices and the ladies were very nice, helping me carry the cupcakes outside to where our two kids were waiting. I'll often go for ice cream and cookies over cupcakes, but this was definitely worth the visit.

Visited July 2014
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Glad we could be a convenience for you and thank you for the review! Because of you and so many others, folks are coming in due to your responses. Thank you for helping us to succeed in our word of mouth advertising. You just can't pay for this kinds of feed back...glad you enjoyed your Shock O'lata!

Kinston, North Carolina
“Yummy Yummy Cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We absolutely love the Peppered Cupcake. We were so sorry to see them move from Kinston to Wilmington, but on the bright side we now get to visit Wilmington more often to get our favorite cupcakes. The cupcakes are light and flavorful, not too sweet and always creative. We love to visit with Tabitha and now have another reason to love the Wilmington area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colleen! Thank you for the review...I have had so many folks from Kinston come by the new shop and it just tickles me. Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to you popping by when you are in town!
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I love cupcakes and will happily give them a try wherever we are. We've sampled of some of the supposed 'best' including Magnolia in NYC, Bertie's in Paris and Hummingbird in London. None of these...and I mean NONE even come close to TPC. Moist cake, creamy whipped buttery frosting, not overly sweet with interesting flavor combinations. It was very hard to choose just one flavor. If you are in Wilmington and are craving a treat, don't waste your time or money anywhere else. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective) we didn't discover TPC until our last evening in Wilmington. Can't wait until our next trip to the city and TPC.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Wow yourself! Thank you for the review. We look forward to you visiting us again from Alaska. Don't quite know what to say when you compare us to Paris! Just hope to continue to Wow everyone and become that destination I so hope to be for folks local and abroad. Til next time!
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I were visiting from Utah and we stopped by to try their banana pudding cupcake. We came in the late afternoon and they were out. So instead We tried the blueberry and lime cobbler cupcake and turtle they are amazing. As we were leaving the owner offered to make a band pudding for my wife since she ran out. That is what makes this place amazing, personal attentiveness and quality food. Thank you!

Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I am glad you guys were patient. The Banana Puddings sold out 3 times that day. Just hated to know you came here from afar and wanted that particular one. Hope it was everything you expected. Thanks for stopping in and hope to see you again soon!
Hampstead, North Carolina
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband fortunately stumbled upon this bakery during an internet search to find his very pregnant wife a new place to indulge a sweet tooth. I dropped by on Friday evening and got the following flavors: Creme Brulee, Turtle, Tiramisu, and The Peppered Cupcake. The cupcakes were unique and amazing with the perfect ratio of cake, filling, and icing. In contrast to a lot of cupcake places, that seem to overly rely on icing, the cake was wonderfully moist and flavorful. And each cupcake was, almost, too beautiful to eat. To simply call these creations cupcakes seems to be a disservice to the talent of the owner/baker, as they are more like miniature, elaborate cakes. On top of all of this, the owner/baker was very warm and welcoming. Needless to say, she has hooked me, pregnant or not, for life!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you Abby! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad I could satisfy your "fix" for your pregnant cravings. LOL. Thank you for the kind review. It is folks like you that have pushed us to the number one spot in Wilmington for all places to eat...although I don't think its fair to be pushed above restaurants, which we are not. Needs to be a different category for us dessert folks. Nonetheless, I am so very blessed and thankful that you took the time to give us a review. Till next time!