“Very nice place” 5 of 5 stars

+1 910-769-2599
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 558 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, South American, Peruvian
Description: Best rotisserie chicken in town,variety of Peruvian cuisine and bakery.
“Very nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

It has really good chicken (as the name says) and even if it's in an English environment, it still focuses on the Latin, Puruvian culture. Freindly and in a cozy place, and has really good juice. I think it's either passionfruit or mango or something. (It's really good you need to try it) Overall I liked it.

Julian N, Owner at THE GOLDEN CHICKEN, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Yes you were right it is passion fruit! and thank you so much!

Wilmington
“Addictingly delicious!!! Perfection!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to start but let me just say this, I created an account on Yelp just to write a review on them because there that amazingly indescribable!! If you love South American food, like Colombian, Peruvian, etc you will LOVE this food!! This was my first time trying it today, I've been looking for South American food for years since I've lived here and I finally found a place! So I went to try it today for my first time and let me start by saying the waitress was so friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere was so authentic and comfortable. So I ordered the De Pobre, it's steak, rice, fries, a fried egg and plantains. There is literally no words to describe how delicious this dish was. The portion was big!!! And a great price!! I never had a steak so tender and tasteful like this in my life!! The steak was like butter!! It literally pulled apart with a fork! No need for a knife!!! The seasonings were so exotic and authentic!! Insanely mouth watering!! It was just amazing!! The fried egg added with each bite was just amazing!! Now the fried plantains were just perfect!! I've bad plantains before but NEVER like this!!! They were so tasteful and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside I just couldn't stop eating them!!!! They were so addictingly good!! PLEASE try this place out!! You will NOT regret it!! This is my favorite place to go now!! I'm instantly hooked!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Julian N, Owner at THE GOLDEN CHICKEN, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Well thank you very much for your review. We strive to make all our customers the happiest!
Wilmington NC
“Wow. Never expected this!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

With trepidation, we went to the Golden Chicken for lunch. We had read a story that is was coming to town and run by a family with a successful Peruvian restaurant in Charlotte. The location and the lack of advertising made us hesitant. It is in a strip mall that caters to UNCW students, etc. Must admit it looks better than we thought, but still a plain, serviceable place. But, as we were seated the service was friendly, helpful and professional. All our questions about the different food were answered and recommendations made. We opted for the house specialty, rotisserie roasted chicken. IT WAS AWESOME. Moist meat, perfectly seasoned, crispy skin and a large portion (can get quarter, half or whole bird) with exceptional, slightly spicy sauces were served with various sides. The canary beans were very good, and benefitted from a dash of hot sauce. Salad and fries were routine. The dessert we had--a kind of sweet potato donut--was interesting and worth a try. The owner came over to chat and make sure all was well. To top it off, they have a byob policy so we brought our own wine. Cost of meal, with enough leftovers for another full meal? $17 and change. Don't hesitate. GO!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Julian N, Owner at THE GOLDEN CHICKEN, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you so much! Your review is greatly appreciated. We will strive to do better every single day and I hope to see you very soon!
“The Food was amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the steak fried rice. It was flavorful, the steak was well cooked, and the price was fair. I loved it, totally recommend it. The only thing that kinda bugged me was the servers, they need to be more alert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Julian N, Owner at THE GOLDEN CHICKEN, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
I am very sorry for that inconvenience, we will definitely try our hardest to better our service. Thank you.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“BEST ROTISSERIE CHICK EVER!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Cosmo and Anntoinette ate lunch at the Golden Chicken today. What a great experience. The food was excellent, the staff very helpful and friendly. The experience was tasting a little of everything and trying to pronounce the name of the dishes. If you are interest in giving your taste buds a University Landing. Maybe we will see you there. It will not be our last trip. Thanks to the staff, I will only have a small salad for dinner tonight.

You must try the Chicha Morada.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Julian N, Owner at THE GOLDEN CHICKEN, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you very much! We try and make our rotisserie chicken stand out the most. Come back and see us soon!