“Take the time to try this out” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 53 Activities in Wilmington
Type: Gear rentals
5 attraction reviews
“Take the time to try this out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have wanted to try out the Stand Up Paddle Boards and finally decided to try it. We love to ocean Kayak and always wondered how difficult it was. After making the two hour reservation. My wife started back peddling and wanted me to go alone fearing that she wouldn't be able to do it.
The Great Staff at Carolina Paddleboard was awesome. Since we were first timers. They took the time to explain best techniques and how to start on your knees or sitting to get the feel. With their guidance we were off starting off just rowing from a kneeling position then working up the nerve to stand. I was fairly easy transition and found the balance quickly ( without falling ). Once I gave up the gallon death grip of my ties into the board I was able to relax my legs and enjoyed the ride.
After returning to the dock we were again greeted by the staff helping to get back on the dock safely. They were so helpful and gave tips for our next visit. Great group of people more exited about helping their customers enjoy the experience and less on selling their products. We are looking forward to our next trip. And will definitely have paddle boarding on the agenda. It's a really great way to enjoy the water

Visited September 2013