“Perfect view, average food, cold draft beer!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
North Carolina
“Perfect view, average food, cold draft beer!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped by for lunch with friends. We ordered crab dip and beer to start off with. Crab dip was average not the best I have had in Wilmington. Beer was cold!. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Ordered the Fried Shrimp seafood platter with slaw and sweet potato fries. We sat at the open bar area with the nice breeze and pretty view of all the boats even watched a few dolphins dancing in the water. Parking is challenging even during week at lunch. There are several other restaurants in this area worth checking out as well. View was best part of meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

BAY VILLAGE
“Dockside Restaurant, Wilmington, N.C”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I heard about this restaurant from a regular visitor to Wrightsvile Beach, where my husband and I were staying. We sat out on the deck facing the water and had enough shade to make a warm night very pleasant. Our waitress was efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. The only downer for me is that they could not serve me a Dark and Stormy (it is usually available) because they were out of ginger beer. We didn't have appetizers because we wanted to save our appetitie for our meal. We asked our waitress for recommendations for our entree. I had a grouper special with couscous that was out of this world. I wanted to lick the plate. My husband's meal was just as good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was just over the bridge from Wrightsville Beach and it was fun watching the boaters go by. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Nice view and appetizers... meal not so good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We started off strong with apps and it was downhill from there. Three of us got blackened dishes, fish and shrimp, three of us got upset stomachs.
The food wasn't great or even really good. Definitely better options in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durham, North Carolina
“Location is great but cleanliness needs addressing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Been twice in the past week and on both occasions in the bar area tables were left for 20/30 mins without being busked. They were covered in spilled drinks and scraps of food. There were flies all around. On the second occasion when the busk boy came to clean up he used a rag which looked filthy. No cleaning agents were used. Follwing a few swipes across the table it was left with streaks of grease and food crumbs. Very unsavory.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just okay....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was with a group of ladies on a girls trip. This was the first restaurant we went to...It was just average. The peel and eat shrimp were good, but not better than we could make at home. The menu is very light on fresh seafood, offered burgers, chicken salad and many other land loving items. The shrimp and grits I had did have a very nice flavor. I would try it again. One lady in our party asked for a glass of merlot and was told they only had a house merlot. No other selections. Not sure if the waitress was new....or if there was only ONE red wine offered. I wouldn't return unless it was to hang out at the bar on the deck which seemed to be great for people watching and atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere