“Seems to getting back to way it use to be” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 538 restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Seems to getting back to way it use to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A few years back we use to eat here rather often but something changed and restaurant went into a decline. Before this last visit it may have been 4 years since we've eaten here. We were all set to walk in the door of another place when daughter said she'd like to go eat at Elijah's. Glad she said that. Meal was very tasty, view was superb and service was excellent. They had a guy softly playing a guitar. Not sure how long they have been doing that but kudos to the person who made that happen, hope that part is still there when I return. I had the crab cake, which was very tasty. As I write this I'm drawing a blank as to what my wife and daughter had but I assure you they enjoyed it. We'll be back. Note to management: Please keep this momentum going. We are down here often and I love being able to tell people where to get a good meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Enjoyable, casual dining on the river front.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Elijah's offers delicious seafood with very good service. This is a casual restaurant that is worth your time. Dining options are indoor and outside patio.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Closter, New Jersey
“Enjoy the River Side of WIlmington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's been my favorite Wilmington restaurant for 18 years. The food is just OK by the river front ambiance is almost mystical.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Outstanding seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

An acquaintance had recommended Elijah's to us and we were glad we took her advice. Great food, good service and blessedly cool (inside) on a hot summer afternoon. My husband had the shrimp stuffed with crab meat and said it was the best meal he had during our visit to the North Carolina coast.

It's probably best for seafood/fish lovers, however. My pasta with cheese sauce was good, but not exceptional, and the chef salad I ordered was made with cubed deli meat. Okay, but not great.

Highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place to refer wilmington Visitors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I come to elijahs every month or so with my parents who come to town often. As A local, I would be lying if I said i have never had better specialty seafood, but this place has a little something for everyone! Plus the location and service is always excellent. Live music on Sunday's! I have never had a bad time at Elijah's!

• Visited August 2013