“Amazing service and fresh sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunny Sushi & Lounge

Sunny Sushi & Lounge
141 N Front St, Wilmington, NC 28401 (Formerly SunnySushi & Lounge)
+1 910-833-7272
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 511 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Asian fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: THAI & HIBACHI,SUSHI ,PHO
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Amazing service and fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Business travel brought me to Wilmington for one night beginning on the evening of Memorial Day. Upon arriving, I still needed dinner. I travel a night or two each week, and I make an effort to try local restaurants whenever logistics allow. Thankfully, tonight was one of those nights.

Already in the mood for sushi or Thai, TripAdvisor reviews pointed me to Sunny Sushi from my starting point at the nearby Hilton. The reviews were strong, and the menu looked intriguing. I walked from the hotel and was warmly greeted by the friendly staff.

At first, I was admittedly disappointed that the expanding kitchen was not ready to cook some of the Thai options on the menu. Yet, sushi really was what I craved. So I ordered a drink from Rachel and studied the menu harder. I ended up selecting the spicy combo and cow-fish rolls, along with salad and miso soup.

As it turns out, everything I ordered was absolutely amazing! I'm so thankful I didn't venture out to another restaurant. Even for someone like me who travels on business almost every week and has the opportunity to try different restaurants frequently, this experience was different.

The house ginger salad and miso soup each were distinctively delicious. The salad, in particular, was an incredible start, especially with its colorful presentation and homemade ginger dressing.

In combination with the personal service of the restaurant staff, though, the taste of the incredible sushi rolls pushed me to take the time to write this review.

Sunny and Wally skillfully prepared what I can best describe as perfectly fresh, fusion-inspired sushi masterpieces. Even for someone who eats lots of good sushi every week, this experience was different... and better. The sushi literally is the best I've ever had.

I recommend Sunny Sushi & Lounge without hesitation, and I hope they open another location near where I live for me to enjoy between trips to Wilmington. Thanks Rachel, Sunny, and Wally for a delicious and enjoyable evening out!

Visited May 2014

“Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The best sushi I've ever had. The service is always great and the staff are excellent. Sonny puts love in each individual roll...

Wilmington, North Carolina
“The best sushi bar in Wilmington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Sunny's Sushi lounge and it was the best sushi experience I have ever had. Sunny was a pleasure to meet and sushi was out of this world in both presentation and taste. It is a must for any visitors to the city and locals. Next time I visit from Virginia it is definite stop.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sunny sushi is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Food was amazing as usually, best sushi in town by far. I had sashimi and the best roll I ever had. And Raychel was perfect!

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Raychel is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

All of the food was great, our server Raychel had great input on the menu items. Device was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. No complaints... Except there should be more basil in the basil wrap.

• Visited April 2014