“Golf Only” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Florence, Alabama
“Golf Only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Only played golf here this past weekend but it was excellent. Challenging course that has a good mix of easy, intermediate, and hard holes. Worth the $2 extra for the GPS. Hit them straight ! Everyone was extremely nice, especially the starters both Saturday and Sunday mornings !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BeauRivageGolf, Owner at Beau Rivage Golf & Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you Bradley for taking time to write a review on our Golf Course! Thank you for recognizing our staff members! We can't thank them enough for providing the best in customer service! We hope that you will come back and see us again in the near future! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night and it certainly suited our needs. The rooms were very spacious and overall it was clean. The A/C worked well. The beds were a little smaller than what we are used to but for one night it was no issue. There was no TV in the bedroom and the one in the living room was small. Overall, the place is a bargain for the money. The pool was outstanding. The lady that checked us in was very friendly. I would go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff members and the cleanliness of the hotel! We are currently updating the property. I look forward to your next visit! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Hotel should be knocked down and rebuilt. Very old and worn. Golf was very nice. The rooms have 20 year old furniture with all the dirt that accompanies that. This place is not somewhere I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BeauRivageGolf, Owner at Beau Rivage Golf & Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are the new management company as of May 2014 and trying to answer many of the older reviews. So sorry you didn't enjoy the hotel accommodations. We have implemented new cleaning procedures and have been doing upgrades since taking over. We are also in the process of putting together a new furniture package for the hotel which we hope will be installed by the end of the year. Again, thank you for your review. Although it was tough to read it at least lets me know what needs to be addressed. Barry Eagle Owner, Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very disappointed. My mother lives in Wilmington close to the Beau Rivage and I have stayed there once about 15 years ago...wasn't impressed with it then and even more so this time. My entire family was staying for the weekend due to a party my mother was having so we had 6 rooms. Yes the rooms are large but haven't been updated since the day the place was built! Worn carpets, old mattresses that broke our backs and hard as rock foam pillows that gave us all stiff necks. We had bottom level rooms and were awakened by what sounded like the men's gymnastic team above our heads (no sound proofing at all in walls or ceiling). A friend of mine staying next door said she had a dog living above her. The room's furniture was old and worn and loaded with dust...you could actually see it built up on the arms of the chairs. The facility has no ice makers, you need to go to the bar if you want ice and the rooms had no coffee makers even though they have a mini fridge and microwave. The sleeper sofa was a joke...falling apart...we could barely get the thing back in the sofa. In a nut shell, it was the most uncomfortable stay I have ever had...I couldn't wait to check out and for certain will never stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We have just taken over the property as the new management company May 2014 and are addressing many of the items you spoke about. The property is older and we are working with the current owners to upgrade the rooms. We have upgraded the linen, pillows, towels, tvs, microwaves and we hope to have a new furniture package completed by the end of the year. We have also implemented new cleaning procedures from all aspects of the property. Again, thank you for the review and we hope you will give us another chance sometime in the near future. Barry Eagle, Owner Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was surprised how big the rooms were! it was clean and comfortable! so worth the money !wish we stayed more than 1night ! great place .! I will alway stay there when i go to visit friends in wilmington nc

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review and recognizing the cleanliness of the hotel! We are in the process of updating the property! We hope to see you again in the near future! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.
Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I took my whole family here. Its location is prime and the cost is very affordable. The rooms were great and we had a view of the driving range from the back porch. A friend came and met us and they accomodated them as well ( he had too much to drink). They were very courtous and we enjoyed our stay a ton. Place was awesome and I was glad to see they exceeded their expectations from some of the reviews out here.

Room Tip: Request a room with a flat screen TV as they are in the process of upgrading.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Eric for the great review! I am glad that we were able to accommodate you as well as your friend! Currently, we are in the process of updating the property. We hope that you will stay with us again! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I decided to take off early on Friday and go toward the beach for a weekend. We landed on Beau Rivage due to its pricing and last minute accommodations. I've read the reviews before going and then again after returning from our weekend. We stayed on the 2nd floor. And yes, as all the others commented the rooms are outdated. But for me, who cares. Was it clean? Yes very. Did I feel comfortable? Yes, very. Am I there to sit in my room and watch the TV? Not at all, I could have done that at home. I met new friends at the pool. I met new friends at the Bar. This is not a seniors place, it's a place for all ages and I met them all. Its a little community with it's old plantation charm. The food is good - it's pub food, not gourmet. The drinks are good, the prices are good and the staff is fun. Am I going back? Absolutely. If your the type of person looking for the Grand Ritz experience - don't go here. If your one that looks for the experience, fun friendly atmosphere - I suggest it.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! We are currently in the process of updating the property. We look forward to your next visit! Barry Eagle, Owner-Crown Hotel & Travel Mgt.

Been to Beau Rivage Golf & Resort? Share your experiences!