“Delicious Food & We Laughed The Entire Time!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Delicious Food & We Laughed The Entire Time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited 10/13/2012 because we wanted to go out to eat somewhere other than a normal American steakhouse! Went around 6pm and noticed the parking lot wasn't busy at all so before we went in, I admit I quickly hopped on Trip Advisor to check out the reviews and overall it seemed pretty positive so we decided to give it a try! I'm SO glad we did! Friendly hostesses seated us (myself, husband, and 2 year old daughter) at a table and before long we were joined by 5 other guests. Usually at these type of dinners where you sit with others you don't know it can be awkward but we hit it off immediately with the other crowd which only added to the whole dinner experience! Our waitress was friendly and quickly delivered drinks/soups/salads. I ordered the chicken & jumbo shrimp and my husband ordered the chicken & Filet Mignon. Our chef came out and got everything started- with a few jokes of course! He was genuinely funny- not the usually cheesy jokes these cooks usually throw out at Hibachi restaurants. He actually served up some of the Saki he uses to cook with in everyone's sauce dishes as shots and was joking with my husband and I that the "magic drink" was known for making babies! Our food was absolutely delicious! Juicy, full of flavor, and tons and tons of it!! This is the first Hibachi restaurant I've been to that they served noodles in addition to the rice and vegetables. I asked for zucchini only instead of all the onions and mushrooms and they happily complied- other restaurants like this I've been told there would be an "extra charge" for the same request. We didn't try any Sushi but according to the reviews it appears they have some pretty good stuff. We left happy, full, and with all intentions to visit Okami again!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“best sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been to a lot of sushi places around the country, and Okami on college is by far the best sushi in the Wilmington area!!! It's really fresh, flavorful, great service, and the habachi grill is also the bomb! The chefs make it a really fun experience especially if you are drinking sake! :) So glad to have a place like Okami nearby. They are doing it right!

Visited September 2012
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this place was excellent. My fiance and I eat a lot of sushi and I thought it was really good. There was a wide variety of rolls. We ordered 6 and they were all great.The Hitachi steak was great too.The prices were reasonable and the service was excellent. Our waitor was friendly, attentive, and helpful. We will definitely go back next gone we're in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very disappointed in food quality .. Service was ok, prices seemed high, 34.00 for steak & chicken and tea.. Not impressed with table chef, very greasy for vegetables,rice,and steak, all cooked same area as fish and shrimp.. Will not return, not my style and what I expected.

Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great shrimp tempura & delicious white sauce.. We got the hibachi chicken & it was great...you also have the option of sitting at the bar, hibachi or regular seating. We skipped the show & sat at a regular table near the bar...the restaurant is very nice & was very quiet & romantic

Visited July 2012