“Not their best performance” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 558 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Roko Italian Cuisine is a traditional italian restaurant located in the heart of Wilmington's Mayfaire Town Center. Owners Jadran and Vojka encourage you to come in, relax, share stories and enjoy the warm and friendly service, as they prepare the finest Italian cuisine especially for you. Roko's menu features a selection of salads, pasta, veal, beef, seafood, and chicken dishes.
“Not their best performance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had reservations at 7:30, and to our horror, they were out of Jack Daniel's. To compound this unforgiveable oversight, 3 of our party who ordered the ceasar salad were told that they were out of ceasar dressing. The cooks among us said it would not be a big thing to make some more, but... In their defense, the house salad and the spinach salad were marvelous. Further, they were short on gluten-free pasta, despite an intriguing gluten-free menu. The flounder Ana got rave reviews, and as always, the service was outstanding. They can do better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Welchboy, we appreciate your return visit and another honest review! Sorry to disappoint on the Jack Daniel's, we just picked some up today, you will have to come back to enjoy the Tennessee favorite. As you know, we are just a small family business and Jadran is in the back cooking all of the meals. While it may be easy for some restaurants to whip up some more Caesar dressing it is hard for Jadran to halt cooking fresh fish and veal for all of our guests in order to make his secret family recipe Caesar dressing. We hope to see you again soon!

Wilmington, NC
“A taste of Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We have had several friends tell us about Roko so we decided to give it a try. And we're glad we did. It's small but elegant yet not pricey. Linen table cloths and napkins add an extra bit of class. Small bar area but a very good selection of wines. The menu will please any pallet with a large selection of pasta, chicken, veal and fish entrees. I was a little disappointed in the calamari, it was a bit bland but not over cooked or rubbery. My wife had the Roko shrimp scampi which had a brown scampi sauce instead of the usual butter and garlic sauce. It was then finished with a layer of Italian cheeses. The shrimp was prepared to perfection. I had the veal Marsala and you could cut it with a fork. Both meals came with baby snow peas and sautéed potatoes. The service was prompt and friendly and our waiter answered all of our knowledgeably. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Tyaskin
“A bit of a dissapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

After all the great reviews, I was looking forward to a very enjoyable eveing. However a few things were not up to par: Our server was ( to put it losely) dense. He got all the orders mixed up. He also told use we could substitute pasta for potatoes. My mushroom ravioli was just average ( I am married to an Italian who makes her own). My Caesar salad lacked adequate dressing and my wife's veal was overcooked.
To add insult to injury, wy wife and I ordered coffee; when it was servied our waiter said it "was a bit warm" which we felt was meant to say it was very hot. It turned out to be luke warm. When my wife asked him to heat it up he went over to the server and topped off her cup with de-caf. When we asked him about this he said yes he did, but he wanted to save us time since :he would have to brew another pot"!
Not a bad place, and maybe it was just or server, but for $95 before tip, I was expecting more.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We are very dissapointed to hear about your recent experience. We plan to address service issues with our staff member immediately. This does not sound like a typical meal at Roko, we hope you will give us another try. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to email me directly, webmaster@rokoitalian.com.
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Very good Italian in NC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Being a native New Yorker, I am pretty tough to win over as NY has the best Italian restaurants this side of the pond but along comes Roko! I am an Italian food snob and had yet to find a decent place in Wilmington for my favorite cuisine. Roko is one that I will visit again! I had the Fruitta de Mare, and it was done right....thank you! My companion had the Scallops with Risotto and that was also a very good flavorful dish. A good wine selection that won't break the band and the food prices are reasonable. A nicely decorated room, good service and we were happy.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roko P, Owner at Roko Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thanks for trying some of our fresh seafood dishes, we love to bring the freshest ingredients to your table from the local fish market. We are happy to hear you were pleased with your dining experience.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Now that's Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Superb service, true Italian dishes, great ambience and and a not to be missed dining experience in Wilmington. Our reservations were for seven thirty this past Saturday night and while their were several people waiting we were called to our table promptly at seven thirty. Our waiter Chad, was prompt, courteous and knowlgeable about the specials and menu in general. Our food was served in a timely matter and was at the appropriate temperature. We will be returning in the near future!

• Visited September 2012