“4 Day Visit with Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5600 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC 28412 (Formerly Ameri-Stay Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington
“4 Day Visit with Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We loved this hotel! The people were great and we took advantage of the indoor pool each of the 4 days we stayed. The proximity to restaurants couldn't be better - everything from fast food, pancake house or nice sit-down dinners. We would highly reccomended this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hiawassee, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The room was clean with nicely appointed furniture though not quite enough room to move around. We stayed just one night heading to Charleston. The gym was also very clean with several machines one of which was non-functioning. We always look forward to sinking into the hot tub after driving all day but unfortunately, it was icy cold. The pool felt warm in comparison and we swam just to get some exercise and warm up.

I had to call the desk to ask what the wi-fi password was, but no answer. It just rang and rang. This has never happened before in all our travels. Upon returning home, I received a survey e-mail from the hotel management. I submitted it mentioning the specific issues. The General Manager who did not identify himself responded to my survey by stating that all gym equipment worked fine and the hot tub hasn't been out of order in months. I suppose he's saying I made up these issues but for what? I have a BestWestern travel card and as often as possible, stay in one of their hotels. Management in this particular one should learn something about customer relations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The beds are doubles. The pool was only open til 9 at night. :( the bathroom sink is outside the bathroom. Oh yea, and while I was showering the water would change back and forth in temp. But they had an awesome breakfast with an awesome attendant. So clean and fresh. Overall pretty good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

friendly staff , super clean nice furniture , LG TV, parking lot lights are bright with cameras. Ihop next door, Tecobell Donuts Post office cross street,5 mins to walmart liberary , super! That guy worked at front desk helped me for flash light when I cant find my iphone charges at my car, and came to help with next door alarm went off at midnight in 2 mins. quiet hotel ever.

• Stayed December 2012
Gilbert, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The manager is extremely rude and apparently is training his staff to be the same. Worst experience of my life and I've stayed in many hotels. He accused us of smoking in the room, we were not. He came to the door and when I went out to talk to him the door slammed. He said "If you slam the door I will call the police." A few minutes later two police officers show up at the door and while I was talking to them two more police officers arrived. One officer entered the room, didn't find any evidence that we were smoking in the room, and said, well the manager wants you to leave so you'll have to leave. We packed and went to another hotel. Had to argue with the manager over payment for the night. Not customer friendly. I'm 64 years old and have never been thrown out of a hotel in my life, until now. AVOID THIS PLACE! Room and microwave were filthy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were so tired. We had spent four days/nights at a not great, dingy hotel on College Road. We decided, for our last night, we were going to try something new! It was late, probably about 10:00 pm when we headed toward Carolina Beach. We saw this hotel, decided to give it a try, and 20 minutes later we felt spoiled by how clean, quiet, and enjoyable this room was compared to the one we'd been at on previous nights. We got a jacuzzi suite and it was very reasonably priced. The decor was nice - very newly renovated, apparently. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable. Did I mention it was quiet? This was such a HUGE bonus compared to where we were staying earlier.

Unfortunately for us, we were traveling during college move-in week so many of the hotel rooms had been booked at the beginning of our stay. This Best Western Plus will be our choice each time we return to Wilmington (unless something changes for the worse)! We have already recommended it to friends and family! It isn't the most luxurious suite in the world but compared to many similarly priced rooms in Wilmington, this one is amazing!!!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the jacuzzi suite! Tub was clean and big enough for 2 people!!! Extra towels were...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Close to midnight I called from the car to enquire if they accepted checknin after midnight and ended up booking at the same time. At arrival I asked why being such a late booking I could not have the 13.00 discount offered on the web ... The check in guy "Danny" refused. OK
Then...he checjed us in an occupied room! so he says " sorry, something is wrong, that room should be empty, I will let the manager know", I timedly suggested an upgrade of the room: he refused.
So we got the keys for a secon room: way too small fornthe price! We had to leave the luggage on the trolley as there was not enough room to unpack them, the beds way smaller than regular queen size, the microwave of a very old type, the sink very small: sooo happy we will spend here only a few hours! We chose a bet western plus for the nice experience with the same chain in Norfolk, but this more expensive property does not stand the comparison. The only decent thing is the decor of the room...but that ends there. Very disappointing, especially for 110.00+ tax. Must have young crowd for fun nights in thise room with wirplool at 169.00... But if you are a business traveller or a regular couple, choose a different hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Wilmington/Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!