“Love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been here a few times, and always enjoy it. The food is good, atmosphere cool, and the servers are fun. I seem to always get Brandon, and he's always great. It's apparently a match, lol. I would just recommend some house made ranch. The ranch dressing is gross, sorry. Us southerners love our white ketchup!

Stow, Massachusetts
“Great setting, Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a great server and the food was excellent. My husband had this crazy burger that had a egg, ham, bacon and sausage. His eyes rolled back in his head on his first bite. I had a rueben and it was very good. It was a bit pricy given that the sides are add ons - I would rather just have to pay a bit more for extras or changes. That's the only reason I downgrade from excellent to very good.

Visited February 2014
“Better than Cleveland's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Been to this one multiple times when I lived in nc. Really good food nice servers. This is a Cleveland theme since owner is from Cleveland. The other location In Cleveland is in a poor location and the building is falling apart. nc is wayyyyy better

Brooklyn, Ohio
“Family laughs!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

So I took my family on vacation early this January to get out of the cold and make this winter less of a headache. We went downtown and ate at multiple restaurants during our stay. There where 3 places that stuck out to us. But this place to be exact. We walked in here and the scenery was awesome, very energetic, fast moving and staff was very pleasant. Food was very good, they had a big selection from just your ordinary cheeseburger to something you see on the food network that we wouldn't make at home due to its difficulty. But I chose just a burger since I'm a simple guy. I have to say it was up there with one of the best burgers I've ever had, definitely one of those places I wish I have here where I live. If your looking for a good place to eat this is a place you must checkout. Also the other two recommandations chop's deli and dirty harry's. Hope this helps for you vacationers out there!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, NC
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate at Nick's Diner a couple weekends ago while visiting Wilmington. We actually walked by the diner and were stopped by an employee, who was outside with menus, trying to draw customers in. The menu looked pretty good, so we decided to have lunch there.

It was not until we'd already sat down and ordered drinks that our waiter told us, "I'm not going to lie...we're out of a ton of stuff today." He promised to try to find us something satisfactory, but they were out of staples like beef, veggie burgers, ketchup, and a lot more. When we did finally find something to order, my salad came extremely incomplete. It seems they were just going to not mention anything and hope I didn't notice; when I did, they at least did offer a discount on the salad.

My main complaint about this situation is that I think it's very deceptive to actively stand outside and try to lure customers into the diner without any mention of the lack of options, only to spring it on people when they are already seated and it's harder for them to leave. Service was also INCREDIBLY slow. I do not recommend Nick's Diner.

• Visited January 2014