“Sneaky good Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Sneaky good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

For our weekend lunch in Wilmington, TripAdvisor reviews led to this strip mall restaurant along Oleander Drive. The dining area is very small, almost cramped; I can easily see how there is sometimes a wait to get inside. But, the food is anything but understated. From the specialty pizzas to the some solid Italian entrees (the calzones/Strombolis and lasagna appeared top-notch), this is good food in a laid-back setting. The pizzas are varied and well-prepared, far more than your standard NC pizzeria. Works well as a place for lunch or a very casual dinner.

• Visited November 2013

Atlanta
“Why can't more NY pizza places in the Southeast be this good?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was definitely the best NY pizza I've tasted in the South! My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch around 3 pm after touring Battleship North Carolina (also highly recommended). There were a few small parties and one or two larger ones already seated, and it looked to us like one waitress was on her own, but she was great and took care of everyone quickly (but not so quickly that we felt rushed). My husband ordered slices of the chicken parmesan and meat lover's pizza while I ordered a slice of white. I have to say that was the most beautiful slice of white pizza I've ever seen, and the flavor didn't disappoint! It was so delicious that after the first bite I was ready to order a whole pie to go. My husband equally enjoyed his selections, commenting that the crust was just about prefect and the slices were nice and hot and tasted fresh. Personally, I liked the restaurant itself -- clean, casual, fun -- and I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze in one more meal there before we leave tomorrow. If you're in the area, definitely make Pizzetta's a stop during your stay!

Bradenton, Florida
“Good Food and BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

They stay busy on the weekend usually from 530-730 so be prepared to wait if you go around these times. The food is good and the service knows their menu. They have specials which are unique. It is also BYOB which is really nice because you can bring whatever you want to drink which saves money. Overall good place and will be back!

• Visited December 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Really good lasagne. I got my food to go, so I can't comment on the atmosphere too much. The only bad thing that I can say about this place is: I ordered my food at 7:05 and didn't get it until 7:45. I'll just wait around at home for a little while longer next time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wilmington, nc
“Best pizza and red sauce place in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place serves up great pizza and pasta dishes. I spent 12 years in NJ and Pizzetta's comes closest to Jersey-style places. When I was there, they still didn't have a license, so you can bring your own wine and beer. There's a wine store nearby, but it closes at 9 pm. but a Whole Foods is just down the road.

It's small and noisy, so be prepared to wait. The food's worth it though.

• Visited August 2013