“Rip off!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington

You added Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2828 Market Street, Business Highway 17/74, Wilmington, NC 28403 (Formerly Inn at Wilmington)   |
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Wilmington
“Rip off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here and regretted it! We had so many issues here, I don't even know where to begin. First, I booked online. It clearly states that we can change credit card payment if necessary. When we got there, we told the woman at the front desk that we needed to change the form payment and she said that was fine. Went ahead and paid. When we got to the room, it was not very clean. The television was broken! We had to call and get a man to exchange the TV. The WiFi is horrible here. No connection and when you do get a connection it lasts for 5 minutes then disconnects! The toilet was overflowing so we had to call yet again to have someone fix it. Just horrible experience there. After leaving and heading home, I was notified by my bank that I was charged on the card that was NOT supposed to be charged. I called and spoke with Michelle and she simply said there was nothing she could do and that I had to call the people from online reservations. She was extremely rude and I asked to speak to a manager. She put me on hold for over 20 minutes. Then I decided to call the online reservation customer service line and explained my situation. The man told me it was the hotel who had to refund me because they charged me. I told him that is exactly what I had told the woman at the hotel. He decided to call the hotel for me and spoke to the manager. He told me everything was situated and that my card would be refunded per the manager there. It really upset me that the hotel worker was so rude and not willing to help. I should have read reviews online because I found more and more reviews of the same situation!!! Makes me sick to think of someone trying to scam other people like that when we just needed a place to stay while visiting and they treated us so rudely. Don't work in customer service if you do not want to be around people! I plan on finding out who owns the hotel and speaking with them about my experience because it was so stressful and disrespectful of the women working at the front desk. Never again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

we stay here for two nights, we were told before we came both nights would be 85$ the next a.m we had to pay over 100$ We had many problems with the internet , never worked after being told it would be three times. dont leave anything in vechile important bc of theives walking thru parking lot. killied a spider on bed, tv is no good. rude desk persons.

• Stayed July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived about 12:30am for a one-night stay. At check in, counter staff were very friendly and helpful. Got to our room to find big problems. Room was very dirty. Carpet had visible debris and had not been vacuumed. Large dead beetle or roach lying right in the middle of the floor. Other people's hair in amongst the bed sheets. Gross. We probably wouldn't have stayed, but it was already late & we were tired & we didn't know how readily we'd find a vacancy somewhere else. There were two of us (my wife and me), but we found only one wash cloth and one towel. No bathmat for the floor. Went back to the front desk to ask for more towels, and they didn't have any. They said they'd look around to find some and bring them to us. We waited about 20 minutes without hearing back from them, and finally called and told them we were just going to bed. Next morning, we just took turns with the one towel and left as early as we could. Would not return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I looked and looked for somewhere to stay in Wilmington with my mom that was inexpensive. We were only there for one night, and though there was nothing special about this hotel, it did not have bugs in the room or pubic hair in the bathtub. It appeared to be clean. We got a room with 2 double beds, I slept by the window and there were nearly no disturbances outside from outher guests (I'm a light sleeper). I do not think the room was worth $83 for one night, and it would have been nice if they gave me a military discount but since I did not book directly through them they couldn't give it to me, so that may be something else to check. Also online it said I'd pay $73, which to me was a little more reasonable for the room. But I was just happy to sleep in a clean room without bugs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a value priced hotel, so I have reasonable expectations. I needed a place to dump my bags, sleep and shower. The Inn has a great location because it is one of the closest on the Market Street strip to all the cool stuff you might want to do in downtown Wilmington.

As far as the room, the problems were no remote for the tv (and pushing the controls on the tv did not seem to work) but no big deal for me - I didn't come to Wilmington to watch tv. The tub could have been cleaner (a few hairs, some splashes of the previous tenants shampoo on the tub liner walls). But I've had both these problems and worse in much costlier places. I could have complained and I'm sure these things would have been taken care of, but for me, it was no big deal.

For the price I paid, this place was a great value, clean enough and most importantly, the front desk staff were all great and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Wilmington for the weekend. The reservation was booked beforehand via hotels.com. (Be advised, if you have ANY changes in schedule and need to cancel the room, there are no refunds. This is hotels.com's policy and not something the Inn at Wilmington has control over.)
The rooms are small but clean. Large showers and super-comfortable beds/linens.
The area is safe and patrolled by security. Helpful staff. Free breakfast (pastries/bagels).

Tremendous value. When traveling, we like to spend our money on nice meals, shopping and site seeing, NOT expensive hotel rooms.
Will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel rooms are OK. Good for overnight to catch a flight.

The staff are excellent. I had an issue with Travelocity getting my reservation over to the hotel but Tinesha took care of everything and was all about customer service!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Wilmington? Share your experiences!