“NOT a rib shack!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Michigan
“NOT a rib shack!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

In the area working, and had looked forward to eating here all week! What a disappointment. Only 1 rib choice on the menu, so I figured must be the best! Wrong decision! They were the driest, no flavor overcooked ribs I've ever had. Informed the waitress(who was awesome) she told manager and he didn't respond other than to say this is how they are prepared! Not even sorry let me take that off your bill. Need to remove sign, not a rib shack

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Not what i call a rib shack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We were in for lunch, thought buy the sign it was a rib shack, but only have 1my rib choice on the menu, but the menu has many other items in it, we would call this a restaurant not a rib shack. Food is good for the money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food not bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Food not too bad, the biggest problem I have, you pay the waitress and she takes your change out of her bag. If you have any change less than a dollar, you will not get it or I have not. I leave a fairly decent tip, I guess she needs more. This has happened several times here. Decided not to come back, too many good places in area to eat.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Went for breakfast and was disappointed. But I may have been the only one; it was packed at 8am. Eggs were OK, bacon was so overdone almost un-eatable (although o did ask for crispy) and potatoes were hard and cold. Coffee only so-so. Service was friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't pass by this hidden restaurant on Market St...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Whenever I've had to drive east towards Ogden, if it's the right time of the day I make sure I stop at Leon's -- the best food, staff, and down home local atmosphere. If its home style cooking you're looking for, with staff as wonderful as their food, you just can't go wrong there. Go once, and you'll be back again for certain!

The place is deceivingly huge, and has an enormous counter to eat at -- that's me favorite spot because it's like eating with family (both clientele AND staff). You get the skinny on all the days's specials, and then my only problem is choosing my meal. While I'm always deciding whoever is working the counter will provide super friendly and warm comments, as though they were a family member of mine -- not to mention this is a family run biz, and if it's not family serving you its a close family member. Just a great, cheerful and polite team working together.

Now that I'm stuck a few thousand miles away, It'll take me awhile to find a down home local restaurant like Leon's that can hold a candle to them.

You will not be anything but glad you went there!

• Visited June 2011