“Wonderful food, mediocre service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Wonderful food, mediocre service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on a recent trip to Wilmington. This was, by far, the best dinner we had during our week in town. I thought the menu was very appealing, and had a lot of different options. They had one of our favorite champagnes by the glass, which was great. I started off with a side order of the brussel sprouts as an appetizer (trying to fit in some more veggies after not eating super well all week!) and my husband had the lobster risotto. Both were delicious and prepared well.

However, not everything was perfect. Our entrees arrived a mere 5 minutes after our appetizers did. We weren't even halfway through our appetizers when the entrees were just plopped onto the table. The waitress came over to apologize, but didn't offer an explanation as to why that happened. By the time I got to the steak I ordered for dinner, it was room temperature/going cold. It was at this time that I also realized the server who brought over the entrees neglected to bring a steak knife - and it took another 5 minutes to track one down.

Overall, the food was great, but the service was not wonderful. We'll definitely come back after we move to Wilmington this summer since the food was so good. But, I am really hoping that the service and timing was either a one time thing, or that it improves by then.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Most food was good. Two in our party did not like the flounder; however they replaced one with another selection. Overall we were pleased. All of the Circa Group restaurants are good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Farm to Fork - Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Visted from a reccomendation and had a wonderful meal while I was in town. I will be back.

Crab cake appetizer was appealing and very well prepared. Followed with a Cobb salad with their homemade dressing. Excellent. Walked away full and not over stuffed.

Service was first rate. Very attentive and NOT pushy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited for the first time several weeks ago. Frequent lunch partner and I decided to try it for lunch now that the lunch service was available. After reviewing the lunch offerings, nothing special, I knew I could have done better at home, fishing out last nights left overs. At least the wine was chilled!!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“I liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A month ago a group from our club went to this property for lunch. We were a about 50 gals. The service was not fast but made up for with pleasant staff and a wonderful manager who was available during our visit working with the staff to make this luncheon special and checking with each table for refilling beverages while we were waiting for our lunch.

The ambiance is very nice. It has charming decor and feels comfortable for dining.

Now to the food, which was very good. I had the Smoked BBQ beef brisket served on a Challah roll (A personal favorite when it can be found.) and was delighted with my choice. Several ladies had salads and everyone was very pleased. We also had a sample plate of deserts which we all declared special.

Definitely would eat hear again with friends and recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013