“Great Food, Good Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #371 of 558 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Chinese
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Food, Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We came to the buffet on a Sunday for lunch. A group of 6. Service was good and the buffet his HUGE with TONS of choices.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Management was despicable and bugs in the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I live in Wilmington and have visited Hibachi Grill on many occasions. I've always enjoyed the sushi buffet and that's probably the only reason I've gone back since it "appears" to be and tastes fresh all the times. I do not eat off the hot bar unless it is a hot fresh wing or a rare sweet and sour chicken piece. I've had a couple issues with questionable foods on the hot bar...one of which being the hibachi fried rice having a BUG in it. The manager at that time acted as if it was no big deal. Yes he compensated my meal only mine out of our table of six...not my drink...I was less than happy by the entire visit. He should have done more for the guests I brought with me as it ruined the dinner for ALL of us...I am attaching the picture.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson on that visit...however, I took my mother in there today to enjoy lunch with her. Their computer system was "down" (I have to wonder if it was?) so they were demanding "cash only". We don't normally carry cash so I showed them my local ID and was prepared to write a LOCAL check...oh NO, that wasn't good enough! I asked him why, if their computer system was down, shouldn't they accommodate their regular local lunch crowd? The manager got angry and VERY rude. I told him he was acting like an [--] and he replied, "YOU'RE THE [--]" loud enough for the entire front area to hear him. (understand that I had to edit this due to the tripadvisor protocols - the real words were spoken/yelled)

I WILL NOT BE BACK!!!
I am also concerned for other bugs in the foods...at least with the sushi you can see if you are eating bugs or not!

Be warned!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cary
“just your typical chinese buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Liked: it was close to my hotel and the food was decent. Nothing really to dislike as I knew I was going to a chinese buffet.

Visited September 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Terrifying, don't go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The smell that comes out of the door alone should have told me to stay out, but I was happy to see a new place to eat so I sat down, for a japanese / chinese place the sushi is terrible and there is barely any chinese food items there..the waiters and waitresses don't fill drinks well either. then 15 minutes later you wish you had a clean bathroom if you catch my drift. I will never go there again.

Visited July 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

They offer a lot of variety and the food is great. I recommend eating in, as it is a buffet and I believe it is a little cheaper than take out, as they weigh the food. They offer a lot of variety so I am sure there is something for everyone

Visited April 2013